Chapter Seven: The Confused

-=Error's POV=-
It's been 4 weeks since all four of us have been together and...let's just say it's hard. Taking care of three kids while trying to keep them a secret while also doing my job and having to avoid my brothers. That was the hardest part, keeping away from my family. I think I'm going to tell them about the kids soon.

I was just destroying an AU when PJ, Plum and Sprinkle showed up from a portal and tackled me.
"HeY wHat tHe-?!" I said and glitched in surprise.
"We want to come with you!! You haven't taken us to another AU in so long!" PJ said.
"Ugh, fine. Then we can go to OuterTale later, okay?" I said and smiled, sitting up.
"YAY!" Plum said and stood up to jump up and down in the air.
"But stay near me," I said, knowing that this AU was called PervertTale.
"I don't want you guys to get hurt. It's a mission, okay?" I said and stood up. PJ and Sprinkle also stood up and were practically bouncing with h
"Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay!" They all were shouting.

We were in the forest of this AU, and I could see a lot of monsters staring at me. I started killing some. PJ helped me capture them with his strings, Plum was a great distraction and Sprinkle helped kill the small ones. We had halfway finished destroying the AU when something happened.

"Mommy! Do I kill this monster?" PJ called from a nearby house.
"Why are you hesitating?"
"Because he's a skeleton like us!" PJ said.
Another skeleton? I already killed the Papyrus of this AU, and the Sans wouldn't stand around when his AU was being destroyed...maybe it's another kid? No, that can't be right...right?

I walked over to PJ and looked behind the house and sure enough, a skeleton was there. They were wearing all white, had a hood up and had a red scarf. But what was really weird, is that they didn't look scared, happy, or sad. They just seemed confused.

"Uh...hello?" I asked, waving at him to get his attention. He turned to me.
"Hewo?" He said. He looked really young.
"What's your name and how old are you?" I said, crouching down to his level.
"Goth...I'm thwee" He said. I think he said three? Sprinkle came over to see him.
"Awe! He's so cuteeee!! Can we keep him?!" Sprinkle said. I knew Plum was feeling left out, so he came over too.
"A kid? He's cute...I guess..." Plum said.

I looked Goth in the eyes. He looked so lost and confused...
"Okay, fine." I said. I couldn't reject this kid. I picked him up.
"Do you remember anything before coming here, Goth?" I asked. He just shook his head.
"So you Mommy?" He asked. I didn't expect the question, so I just responded with,
"Yes"
"Yay!!" Sprinkle said and hugged me. PJ also hugged me. Plum looked away, most likely jealous.
"Oh come here, you big baby." I laughed to Plum. He just smiled and joined the hug too.

Maybe having kids isn't so bad after all.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We went to OuterTale after I found Goth. It was me, PJ, Plum, Sprinkle and Goth there. I couldn't believe that I was with them, here, at my favourite AU. PJ and Plum were trying to count the stars, Goth was sleeping and Sprinkle was hugging him. This is the closest thing to family I've ever had, and I'm grateful for it.

The stars somehow looked brighter than before. Then it reminded me of a song, a song I will never forget. I closed my eyes and started singing.

"When we were young, we were the ones, the kings and queens, oh yeah we ruled the world,"
Sprinkle and Plum looked at me funny. PJ looked at me happily as I continued to sing.

"We smoked cigarettes, man no regrets, wish I could relive every single word," I began to look sad, I could tell.

"We've taken different paths, travelled different roads, I know we'll always end up on the same one when we're old," I laughed quietly at that line.

"And when you're in the trenches and you're under fire, I will cover you," I sang. PJ was next to me now, listening to me. Plum was doing the same. Sprinkle listened from a distance.

-=Outer's POV=-
I went to the cliff that I usually didn't go to for my walks, because I heard singing. I don't know who was singing, but they sounded beautiful. I hid behind a big rock to see who it was. I didn't expect what I saw.

"If I was dying on my knees, you would be the one to rescue me. And if you were drowned at sea, I'd give you my lungs so you could breathe. I've got you brother~" He sang. The one who was singing was Error, and not in a glitchy voice at all, just normal. But there was more people there and they looked like...kids?! What was Error doing with a bunch of kids?!

"I've got you brother~ I've got you brother~ I've got you brother~ Oh brother we'll go deeper than the ink beneath the skin of our tattoos," He kept singing. He was singing about...brothers? Error has brothers? No, he must be singing about something else. He has to. But I'm still confused about the kid part. Who's kids were they?

"Though we don't share the same blood, you're my brother, and I love you that's the truth," He wrapped his arms around two of the kids. The kids seemed to know him well, because they were falling asleep in his arms. To the side of him, I saw two other kids. They seemed to already be sleeping. They were all so peaceful...

"We're living different lives, Heaven only knows. If we'll make it back with all our fingers and our toes. Five years, twenty years, come back it'll always be the same," His singing tone got a little annoyed at the last part, maybe his brother's annoying?

"If I was dying on my knees, you would be the one to rescue me. And if you were drowned at sea, I'd give you my lungs so you could breathe. I've got you brother~" He said, his singing getting quieter. Then as I looked at him closer, he seemed to be crying! The destroyer of worlds, the god of destruction, was crying?!

"I've got you brother~ And if we hit on troubled waters. I'll be the one to keep you warm and safe, and we'll be caring each other. Until we say "goodbye" on our dying day, because I've got you brother~" He sang. It seemed like the song was coming to an end. I revealed my place behind the rock and came towards him.

"I've got you brother~ I've got you brother~ I've got you brother~" He finished. All of the kids had fallen asleep, and through his tears, he smiled at them.
"Error?" I said, making sure he knew it was me, but trying not to startle him too much, as that'll wake up the kids he seemed to care about dearly.

"hUh?" Error asked himself, turning around to look at me, with teary eyes and a death look saying "Don't wake up the children." I gave a gentle and quiet laugh.
"Don't worry, I won't wake them up. I just wanted to know what you were doing here." I asked him.

"oH. WelL tHiS IS mY fAvOUrITe aU, belIeVe iT oR nOt. I cAmE tO lOoK AT thE StArS." He admitted, turning his head back to look at the stars.
"ThIs iS mY fAvoUriTe sPoT tOo, bAReLy aNyoNe cOmEs hErE." He said.
"Ah, well sorry to break the streak, I guess. Anyway, who's kids are those?" I asked, sitting beside him, next to a kid and pointed to the kids sitting a distance from him. I wanted to know where they came from and why Error has them.

-=Error's POV=-
Outer had come to me and asked where the children came from. I didn't know either, so I told him where I found them all instead.
"I fOunD tHem ALl iN AUs I wAs pLanNiNg tO dEsTroY. ThIs OnE iS PJ, tHat OnE iS PluM, tHat One iS SprInklE anD ThaT oNe iS GotH." I said, pointing to each one of them as I said their names.

I didn't fully trust Outer yet, so I brought PJ and Plum closer to me. He noticed.
"Don't worry, I won't hurt the kids." He said and laughed. I smiled at him.
"GOoD. I WouLdn'T wAnT tO dEsTRoY tHiS aU." I said and snickered. He gave me a fake smile and a nervous laugh in response.

I continued to stare at the stars.
"Do you want me to leave you alone? You seem to be fixed on those stars." He said, giving me a questioning glance. I shook my head.
"YoU cAn StAy aS lOnG aS yOu'Re qUieT." I said. He nodded and looked at the stars with me.

I can tell he thought I was a friend to him now. I would prefer acquaintance, but it doesn't matter now.
—————————————
Hello! ^^ Thanks for reading, and sorry if I got the lyrics wrong! I wrote this offline, so I couldn't check the lyrics on YouTube! This is also longer because I forgot to save the original, so this is my apology!

Words: 1586