Chapter Five: Close Call

-=Error's POV=-
It's been 3 days since the hurt kid has got here. They haven't woken up yet, but I think they will soon. They've been moving around and making noises, almost as if they were dreaming. We've been talking good care of them, and Plum hasn't eaten anything weird in those three days. They're also better now, not sick anymore.
"Hey Mommy, when are they gonna wake up?" PJ asked, looking at the skeleton. I sighed, closing up the window I was using to see the balance of the multiverse.
"Hopefully soon, PJ." I said. Plum hugged PJ and PJ hugged back. They were really worried about this skeleton, weren't they? Suddenly, the skeleton started to move. Then their eye sockets were starting to open.
"They're waking up!" I said to alert the two kids. They broke out of their hug and were watching the skeleton.

They moved until they sat up in the beanbag chair.
"Ugh...my head..." They said and reached a hand up to touch their skull. They opened their eyes fully and saw us staring at them.
"W-Who are you?" They said, a little panicked.
"My name is PaperJam! But you can call me PJ or Jammy if you want!" PJ said, smiling the smile that Ink gives to people he first meets. I call that the Ink smile.
"I'm Plum, or Lulu." Plum said and blushed a little at the nickname.
"I'm Err- I mean...you can just call me Mommy or Mom if you like." I said and smiled.

"Um...I'm Sprinkle and...that's all I can remember..." They said and looked down.
"Hey, we don't remember where we came from either!" PJ said and smiled the Ink smile.
"You don't? Oh...huh...how did I get here?" Sprinkle asked and looked around.
"I brought you here cause you were hurt in an alleyway. Do you know who hurt you?" I asked.
"Hurt? I don't remember that...all I can remember is my name and someone throwing me outside in the snow..." Sprinkle said with a confused look. Oh great. Do I have to take care of another one?

"Well don't worry! We can be your friends now! Or family, if you want!" Plum said and copied PJ's Ink smile.
"R-Really?! So I can stay here with you guys?!" Sprinkle asked.
"Of course." I said and sighed mentally. You know, having kids isn't the worse thing. The worse part of having kids is explaining my job and why I'm so hurt by the end of the day. I sighed out loud this time. All three kids were now hugging and yelling. Then PJ and Plum went off to show their powers while Sprinkle followed. I smiled at them.

Then I remembered...I haven't been to Nightmare's mansion in about a month!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-=PaperJam's POV=-
Me and Lulu had just showed Sprinkle our powers when Mommy came over to us.
"How old are you guys anyway?" Mommy asked us. I'm surprised he didn't ask us earlier.
"I'm 5 1/2!" I said and put my hands on my hips proudly.
"I'm 5." Lulu said.
"I'm 4." Sprinkle said.
"HA! I'm older than all of you!" I said and bragged a little.
"Okay, okay. PJ's in charge until I get back. I'm just going to my friend's place for a day and I'll be back!" Mommy said and opened a portal. I put my hand on my head as a 'salut' position.
"I won't let you down!" I said. This made Mommy laugh as he closed the portal behind him.

"Now let's get into trouble!" I yelled
"I'm in!" Lulu yelled back.
"Does it involve hurting someone?" Sprinkle asked.
"Um...it can!" I said.
"Then I'm in!" He said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-=Error's POV=-
I went through the portal and arrived in front of Nightmare's castle. I know that they'll make a big deal out of me being there, but meh.

I opened the door and saw Cross in the kitchen, Killer talking to Horror and Dust, and I didn't see Nightmare anywhere. I walked inside and closed the door. Everyone looked towards me.
"Uh...hI?" I said, back in my glitched voice.

"So, you're bold enough to disappear for a month?" Cross asked and walked out of the kitchen towards the rest.
"I wAs bUsY, oKay?" I said, annoyed.
"Boss isn't going to be happy, you know. You disappeared for a month with no note or anything." Killer said with a smirk.
"I kNoW." I said. Nightmare must've sensed my aura because he can downstairs right at that moment.

"ERROR WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?!" He yelled, shocking Horror and Dust who hadn't seen him on the stairs.
"In tHe aNtI-VoId, fIghTinG iNk, thE uSuAL." I said.
"WITH NO NOTE OR ANYTHING?! NOTHING AT ALL?!" Nightmare screamed, obviously mad.
"...soRrY.." I said and looked away. Then he said something I would have never expected him to say..

-=Nightmare's POV=-
I went up to Error and whispered to him;
"Never do that again...please," I said and walked off.
"Also, Horror get the body out of the basement. We've talked about this." I sighed and went up to my room. I could hear Horror complain from downstairs. As soon as I reached my room, the alarm went off.

-=Error's POV=-
The alarm? Come on.
"We get to fight the Star Sanses, YES!" Dust yelled.
The alarm went off when the multiverse needed AUs to destroy in a group. We usually all went together to destroy the big AUs, because I could handle the smaller ones.
"Come on, let's go. NOW, CROSS!" Nightmare yelled as Cross was finishing a chocolate bar.
"Fine, fine." Cross said and put the chocolate down and we all walked through Nightmare's portal to find ourselves in a very big AU of StoryShift.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We had just killed almost the entire AU when the Star Sanses came.
"Leave this AU alone!" Dream shouted. Nightmare and the others just laughed, I stood there in silence.
"Never!" Killer yelled.
"Suit yourselves!" Blue said, summoning a few bones in his hands, ready for battle. Then suddenly a portal opened up from above the middle of the battlefield.
"AHHH!" Cried some Sans that fell out of it, two more following behind.

I recognized who they were immediately. It was PJ, Plum and Sprinkle. They had just teleported in the middle of a battle!
"Uh, who are you?" Ink asked, confused by the three kids.
"I'm PaperJam!" PJ said and smiled the Ink smile. I groaned.
"I'm Plum!" He said proudly.
"Sprinkle." He said and covered his head with his hood a little more.
"Well hello you three! What AU are you guys from?" Blue asked.

"We don't know, we were all just found by our Mommy!" PJ said. If this keeps up, they'll know my secret. It's too soon, they can't know. Especially the Boss.
"Who's your Mommy, little one?" Dream asked and kneeled down to their level.
"Um...I don't know his name, but he looks like a bl- AH!" Plum said as I summoned a portal underneath all three of them that teleported them back to the Anti-Void where it was safe. I had disguised my portal as a normal one, as to not raise suspicion.

"What the heck happened?!" Dust shouted.
"No idea, but they sure distracted us from the fight!" Nightmare shouted, getting back into a fighting stance. I sighed in relief quietly, but Killer looked over at me like he heard me, and gave me a questioning look. I just smiled and did a little wave. He looked away, annoyed. We always did that to each other as a way to say: "What tf you looking at?" It works really well, especially since Nightmare doesn't know what it means. We broke into a fight that lasted 6 hours after that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Star Sanses ended up losing, and we ended up destroying that AU. When we were back at the mansion, we were all tired and healing each other. I wanted to leave to check on the kids, but Nightmare had other plans...
————————————
Sorry that I haven't updated any of my books in forever! I was busy with school and such! But I am going to update this book every Sunday!

Stay tuned, goodbye! <3

Words: 1385