Chapter Eight: PJ's Story

-=Error POV=-
Me, Outer and the kids stayed in OuterTale for a long time. I feel like me and Outer had become friends. Yes, friends. I didn't think it was possible either, but here we are.

Now we were all in the Anti-Void, listening to one of PJ's stories. His stories were always fun, talking about things that will never exist, things that will never happen, but still enjoyable to listen to. He also had a great narrator voice.

"-and then the princess jumped from the castle, only to be caught by the prince in gold! They went back to their own castle, the princess in gold too-" PJ was saying, before being cut off by Plum.
"The princess is in gold?! How?! I thought you had to get a magical crystal to have gold!"
"No, Lulu, the prince shared his gold with the princess." PJ explained.

"Why would he share if it took him that much time to get the gold?" Plum asked.
"You'll find out, now listen to the story!" Sprinkle yelled.
"I will, you don't have to yell at me!" Plum yelled back.
"Stop yelling!" PJ said and took a deep breath.

"So as I was saying," PJ continued.
"The prince and princess headed back to the prince's castle on the shore. They were in love, and that's why the prince shared the gold with the princess. They got married and shared the gold with their kids! The kids were really happy because they...they..." PJ said, and stopped talking as he sadly looked up at me.

"PJ? What's wrong?" I said.
"Mommy...why is it only you?" He asked me.
"What do you mean?" I asked him. It wasn't like him to ask me a question in the middle of his stories.

"Well...the kids of the princess and the prince had two parents, which are the princess and the prince...why is it only you? Isn't there supposed to be a Mommy and a Daddy?" PJ asked. I didn't expect him to ask me that question. I tried to come up with the answer.

"You see, why do you need a Daddy when you have me around? You don't always need two parents." I responded, smiling at him. I outstretched my arms. He smiled back at me and jumped into my arms. He then started crying.

"It's okay, PJ, it's okay." I said.
"B-But-" He started to say.
"Shh..." I said. Goth seemed confused by the whole thing, but stayed close to Sprinkle as he always does. Plum joined in on the hug and hugged my side.

I never thought kids would be so enjoyable to be around. Sure, they're troublemakers, but in the end, it doesn't matter.
——————————————
Sorry for the short chapter, everyone! Again, sorry for the lack of updates, heh!

Happy New Year, by the way! <3

Words: 478