Chapter Two: The Brave

-=Error's POV=-
It's been about two weeks since I 'adopted' PaperJam. I was going to 'work' one day, and PJ stopped me.
"Where are you going?" They asked, holding onto my scarf and looking at me with those sad child eyes.
"To work," I said, opening a portal behind me.
"Can I pleaseeeee come with you?" He asked and looked up at me with puppy dog eyes. PJ was ready to defend himself, as I had been training him, but I don't think he wants to see monster dust all over the place. But then again, I've told him what I do and he didn't seem fazed at all.

I sighed.
"Fine, but stay close and don't interfere!" I said and took PJ's hand.
"YAY!" Jammy cried in excitement and followed me through the portal. We were going to Swapfell #85.

I had killed about half of the population of the place, with PJ also. We laughed a little at the screams from the monsters. I guess even a child could enjoy that. Suddenly, someone jumped in front of me.

It was a skeleton, wearing a black jacket like Red (Underfell) and a blue turtleneck under it. They also had one blue eye and one red eye, with a little bit of purple.
"Halt, villain!" They said in the cutest voice ever.
"I, Plum, will defeat yOU-!" He yelled that last part, being caught in the strings of PJ.
"Haha! I defeated you!" PJ said and stuck his tongue out.

I checked the code. This monster wasn't apart of the code. Another anomaly? I shook my head, only to be greeted with the two children fighting verbally. Plum yelling from the strings, and PJ yelling from the ground.
"Can you at least help me find my Dad?" Plum asked suddenly.
"You...lost your Dad too?" PJ said, sadness and sympathy feeling his eyes.
"Y-Yeah...they left me out in the snow saying that I was too...'Like him.' I don't understand what he meant, but now I'm cold..." Plum said and shivered.

Another child. I can't take care of another one! PJ was enough, but...this kid is so cold...
"PaperJam, put hiM down. We'rE takInG him witH Us." I said, knowing I'd regret it later. My voice suddenly more calm.
"Really?!" PJ said, tears already in his eye sockets. Over the past two weeks, I knew how emotional PJ can get.
"I-I can come with you?! Yay! What do I call you?" Plum said, PJ letting him out of the strings and gently placing him on the ground.

Thinking of what PJ calls me, I immediately said:
"Mom or Mommy." I regretted my decision. I really needed to think before I spoke. I did a facepalm.
"Okay Mom!" Plum said and then hugged me. I could see how jealous PJ was, so I pulled him over with my strings and hugged him too. I then felt something come into the almost empty AU. I knew who it was the second I felt it.
"I neEd tO gO. PJ, tAke PlUm bAcK tO thE anTi-VoId." I said, opening a portal. PJ grabbed Plum's hand and pulled him into the portal.
"What the-" Plum said, surprised by the sudden portal and sudden grab. When the portal closed, I quickly pretended to look at the code. Then someone came out of the shadows, the person I was expecting to show up.

It was Ink.

-=Ink's POV=-
I came into Swapfell and heard a little kid scream a "What the-" and it went silent. I went to where the sound came from and sure enough, Error was there, checking the code. He seemed a little panicked. Maybe by my sudden appearance? I dismissed it, it didn't matter.

"Hey!" I yelled at him.
"HeY~!" He mocked in that glitching voice of his. He stopped checking the code and looked at me, already in a battle stance. I noticed something behind him as I got into a battle stance of my own. He seemed to notice my confusion, due to my eyes most likely, and turned around. He saw the thing I was looking at and tensed up.

It was a mini paintbrush.

-=Error's POV=-
Oh shoot. One of PJ's paintbrushes fell off their strap. I turned back to Ink, acting like I didn't know what the heck that was doing there.
"So ArE wE goNna FigHt oR noT?" I asked, crossing my arms and then getting my strings ready.
"Oh! Right!" Ink said, getting back into position.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The fight lasted for hours, I couldn't believe both of us were still standing. You see, Ink and me both know about the balance, how I have to destroy and how he has to create.

We always fight either for fun or to decide who gets the AU. Either Ink wins, making me leave, I win, making him leave, we both decide to just leave the AU go and both walk away, or to the point where we both can barely stand and then pass out. We have gotten better at deciding, but we are both really determined skeletons. Ink huffed.

"Okay, you win..." He said in defeat. I win again, yes! Then I remembered PaperJam and Plum that I had left in the Anti-Void. Panicked, I turned around and ran into the portal. Before it closed, I yelled at Ink:
"NeVerMiNd! KeEp iT!"
"But-" I heard Ink start to say, but I was already in the portal. I looked around and could not believe what I saw...
———————————————
Cliffhanger!! XD Well, for most of you anyway! What do you think happened to PJ and Plum? Write in the comments!

Words: 948