Girl best friend

Being friends with Tom wasn't hard but it wasn't easy either. Girls were constantly jealous of you since you were always with Tom, not sexually or in a relationship. But because you two genuinely had a bond that you both didn't want to break.

You respected his relationships as well, so it wasn't like you were wanting his attention 24/7. He would defend you as well when a girl brought you up or wanted to say something about you to him. He always took your side no matter who it was because he trusted you more than anything.

People made rumors that you two were sleeping with each other on the low or that you two had an open relationship. Tom never liked the guys that you dated either.

Lately Tom has been seeing this one girl who he gave his attention to for a while now. Tom stopped responding to your messages even if he did, it would take him a day or two. But you never really cared.

Since Tom was too busy being with his new girlfriend you started hanging out with Bill more. You had just as much fun with Bill as you would with Tom, though Bill was nicer to you.

You were constantly posting on your story about you and Bill, you two went everywhere together for the past couple of months. Everyone could tell how close you two were especially in your latest story where you two were hugging and have your cheek on his. It was a cute picture of you two on the beach but it was starting to set so you took your digital camera out and used it to get a very nice picture.

Later that night you were getting ready for bed till you heard something knocking on the window. You were scared with was a serial killer or someone stalking you so you pretended to be asleep till it got annoying. Walking up to the window you looked down and saw Tom standing there.

Opening it you furrowed your eyebrows, "Tom!? It's 2am! What do you want?" You shouted from the window.

"Can I come in?" He shouted back looking up at you.

You make your lips into a straight line before hurrying down the stairs. What could he possibly want?

Unlocking the hatch on the door you sighed before opening it, before you could even blink Tom had already barged in and hugged you. Confused you pushed him off a bit so you could talk.

"Woah woah woah, what happened?" You said looking at him as he's still holding onto you.

"I can't fake it anymore." He cried.

"What do you mean?" You asked.

"I can't keep faking that I'm not in love with you." He finally let out.

He didn't look at you for a while since you went silent for a bit.

Your heart was pounding hard, hearing those words triggered you a bit not because you were confused but because you felt happy.

Tom was a guy you had liked before but you didn't want to ruin things either so you thought of him better as a friend. Plus with all the girls he's been with you thought he didn't even think of you that way.

"But-" "I tried getting over you but it never worked, every girl I've been with has never compared to you." He cut you off.

He was now hugging you from the waist and towering you while looking down. You felt yourself become heated from his touch and how he was holding you.

"I didn't think you'd be into me but after seeing you with my brother I can't take it." He frowned.

"But you have a girlfriend." You tilted your head to the side.

"I did. She cheated on me a while ago, I never told you because you seemed to have a good time with Bill." He smiled a bit.

You looked saddened that he kept that from you in order for you to be happy. He didn't have anyone to talk to when you were away.

You cupped his cheek and brought his face closer to yours.

"I'd choose you any day." You whispered and smiled.

He smiled back at you before closing the space between you two. Feeling his lips on yours made your heart melt and satisfied.

"You don't understand how long I've wanted to do that." He sighed afterwards.

"Well you can do it all you want" You smiled back

this was so rushed.