Chapter 9

Hadrian eventually shifted and tamed his monster after nearly 7 hours. It was a pure demon veela which was way too much powerful and dominant. It will go far away to overpower everything so Tom had to put a barrier across the room for safety. As he noticed his worn out son, who finally completed his inheritance, Tom dropped the barrier. Snape hurried inside the room as he noticed the absence of a barrier. He gasped when he saw the state of the room, which was in full chaotic shape. But what scared him was his mate who appeared to be exhausted as well.

" Are you ok?" Snape asked worriedly.

"More or less," Tom said, sighing. "He's strong...took me off guard," he said with a smile.

"Is he going to be alright?"

"Yeah... he'll be fine"

"How about the Malfoy kid?" Tom asked his beloved.

"Narcissa brought him home. "I can't believe my Godson is going to be my son-in-law," Snape groaned.

"He seems to be dominant as well."

" Trust me, that's the last of my worries....Tom... they're enemies...like they were at each other's throats all the time," Snape rubbed his forehead.

"I'd like to watch..."My favorite genre is enemies to lovers," Tom chuckled.

"What ?!"

"Nothing...let's take him to our room," Tom said nervously.

Hadrian's room had been utterly ruined, and he always slept with his parents at night, so Snape and Tom took Hadrian to their room.

.
.
.
Hadrian woke up in pain. It's as if his entire body was pulled apart and reformed. He sat up and looked around, noticing he was in his parents' bedroom. He remembered Draco entering the room...then all he remembered was pain and repeatedly yelling Draco's name....'mate'.... Hadrian's pupils dilated. Draco is his mate. His other half is his soulmate. He was expecting it in his mind, but seeing it in reality feels so different.

" Oh you're up...are you alright?..did you having any pain?" Snape bomberd questions.

"I'm ok Pa... completely ok...is dad ok i might've hurted him yesterday" Hadrian spoke with hint of guilt.

"He's fine... more than fine I guess"

Snape said while rubbing at his neck,
there was a hickey. The potion master was glad that he wore a clock which hides them... otherwise it's gonna be embarrassing.

"Here, drink this" Snape handed his son a glass. Because of the smell, he put his mouth away.

"It's an energy potion...it smells a bit odd, but it'll help you," Snape explained.

"Bit odd...., it smells terrible." Hadrian made a horrible expression.

"Drink..." Snape fixed his gaze on his son. Who swallowed the potion half-heartedly. Snape tucked his son into bed. Before leaving the room he turned and looked at his son, who was staring at the ceiling blankly.

"You don't wanna know about...Draco"
He asked.

"What about him?" Hadrian spoke in a monotonous tone.

"You know he's your mate right?"

"Yes"

"Then .."

"Can we not talk about this now pa I'm tired"

"Fine. Just don't take any stupid decision because you both were childish in the past" Snape said and left the room. Hadrian sat up in the bed. Only god knows how he was controlling himself from running to Draco. He knows that he can't do that...once he claims his mate everything will be over. He wiped his tears harshly.
.
.
.
Malfoy mansion

Draco had been pacing around the room all night. He still can't believe he's Hadrian's mate. Draco will be pure blood veela as well...he may not be as demonic as Hadrian's, but he is dominant. But that wasn't the issue right now. He heard that Hadrian had awoken a while ago. He hasn't tried to contact him yet. That irritated Draco.

" Stop walking like this Draco" Lucius told his son.

"Dad..how much time it took you to claim mom ?" Draco asked his father with a serious tone. Lucion choked on his breath and began coughing. Narcissa, on the other hand, laughed at it.

"Merlin...son" Lucius glared.

"Oh come on father...I need an answer to sort out my situation" Draco returned the glare.

"Your father found me about two months after he received his inheritance...he saw me in the morning and asked me out by noon, then marked and mated with me that night, so it took 24 hours... impatient man."Narcissa laughed loudly as her mate was looking down in embarrassment.

Draco gasped as he stared at his father. Who knew this aloof man could be...so...quick.

"It was not my fault. Mates are expected to be this way. Severus was claimed by Tom the very moment he laid eyes on him."

"What the dark lord did that...?" Draco's eyes widened.

"You have no idea." Tom had a thing for Sev. I believe he sensed it long before his inheritance because of his royal blood. Sev wasn't over his small crush on Lilly at that time so Tom stopped himself. But the instant he realized Sev was his mate, he took him and claimed him as his. The royal demon Veelas are the most possessive creatures I've ever seen, and trust me, I think Hadrian will be even worse," Narcissa said with a grin.

"I don't think so he didn't contact me yet" Draco said with a sad tone.

"He got his inheritance way too early son. I bet it wasn't easy.  Also don't forget the part that you both had a rough start so maybe he's hesitant to approach you" Lucius tried to comfort his son.

Draco stayed silent. He is well aware that this is not the case. If his assumption is correct, Hadrian knew he was his mate from the start. Still, he pushed him away. Perhaps it was the creature side that wanted him. That explains the kiss. Perhaps Hadrian didn't want him. Draco shivered as he realized Hadrian would never accept him as an equal.