Chapter 33

Hadrian awoke to find himself on the floor of the realm entrance. When he looked up, he noticed death smiling at him.

"You did it," Death said, pleased.

Hadrian looked at him for more information.

"They got married 3 days after you left, both United kingdoms and lived happily for a century with a lot of kids" Death went on to say.

"A century...but i thought.." Hadrian arched his brow in perplexity.

"You not only helped me undo the mistake but also prevented me from losing half of my powers Hadrian and one of it was to extend the lifespan"

"What...!" Hadrian exclaimed, surprised.

"Yes...so go back and love with your mate; you don't have to live a half-life anymore." Death grinned, and Hadrian hugged him.

"Thank you... thank you very much" Hadrian beams, unable to believe that he can now live with his mate in peace.

"I believe you no longer require my assistance...so I'll be departing," Death stated, patting Hadrian on the back before breaking the hug. They both passed through the portal Death had opened and arrived at Hogwarts.

"I must say, it's been a pleasure teaching at Hogwarts for all these days...I'm going to miss it," Death replied, raising his brow in puzzlement.

"What do you mean by all these days...I was only gone for 2 and half days right?"

"Umm.. about that..." Death scarched his nape.

"Death...what have you done..?" Hadrian inquired coldly.

"You may have gone for two and half days but in the present it was two and half months" Hadrian's jaw dropped in horror as Death responded sheepishly.

"What!!!!!" He exclaimed in disbelief.

"Umm...ok bye...your mate is waiting...it was really nice to meeting you Hadrian...bye bye.." Death vanished from the scene before Hadrian could register anything.

"Death....you son of a....!!" Hadrian screamed angrily.

"Prince.....," said a voice, and Hadrian returned his gaze.

"Ron" Hadrian mumbled.

"Oh Merlin...you've returned..." Ron tightly clasped the other person. This warmed Hadrian's heart. He, too, missed their time together.

"Everyone was waiting for you...What mission have you committed..?Draco wasn't saying much, either, Hermione was on the verge of losing it, mate," Ron added.

"How's Draco...?" Hadrian enquired of a buddy.

"Terrible...for the first several days, he tried to appear normal, but later...I've never seen him like this...He's not in a good place, mate, so it's a good thing your parents are here... I must say Other than you, Professor Snape is the only one who can manage Draco," Ron replied.

"Dad and Pa is here...what about..."

Come on... everyone will be so happy to see you." Ron interrupted his words and grabbed his hands. Hadrian gave his friend a warm smile. It's great to see his pal again.

They went inside, where he saw his Dad talking to his Pa and holding the baby in his arms. Princess noticed her brother and wriggled in her father's arms to get away. Tom and Severus returned their gaze, seeing their daughter looking at their elder son.

"Merlin.... Hadrian my son," Severus cried as he raced towards his son and grabbed him closely.

"Brat, where have you gone?....Do you have any idea how concerned we were? What on earth were you thinking...?Sending us a note saying you're leaving on a mission and asking us to look after Draco and ourselves while you're gone," Severus said, his voice tinged with anger and concern.

"Pa, it's a lengthy story...I'll explain later." Hadrian stated this in a desperate tone.

"Son..." Tom hugged his son and said to Hadrian. The princess was so overjoyed to see her brother that he jumped from her father's arms to her brother.

"Princess did you miss me...." Hadrian asked his sister who hugged her brother with tiny hands and whispered.

"Yeash.... dwon't goo" Hadrian kissed his sisters forehead in love. He can't believe his pa brought her to Hogwarts. He looked at his father for confirmation, and Tom smiled and nodded.

'At least something positive happened while I was gone,' Hadrian reasoned in his mind.

"Draco is in your chamber, son...go to him..." Tom spoke to his son, who nodded. Severus removed his daughter from the arms of his son, who protested and began crying.

"Sh...sh...it's okay, I'll be back," Hadrian tried to console his tearful sister.

Severus urged his son, "He suffered a lot son...Go to him" Hadrian nodded in sadness and was ready to move his legs when he noticed a specific blonde looking at him with concern.

"Dragon.." He murmured. His mate appeared to be in distress. Tears threaten to fall from my bloodshot eyes. Tear stains can be seen on the face. Hair was frizzy. Hadrian's heart broke as he saw his mate's condition.

Draco ran towards his mate at full speed. Hadrian raised his arms and closed his eyes, but instead of a pleasant hug, a bell rang in his brain, caused by a full force smack. In horror, he opened his eyes to see a very fierce mate staring at him with furious eyes. Severus remained there in stunned silence while Tom fought to suppress a laugh. Even the little princess stopped wailing and began to observe the sight with interest.

"Dragon...i," Hadrian said, attempting to hide the sting in his cheeks.

"You....bloody idiot of a lion...how dare you put a ring in my hand and disappear like that" Draco yelled in anger.

"Mate, you were engaged," Ron said, but quickly shut his mouth when he saw the blonde's angry glare.

"I'll go inform Hermione," Ron said, running away without waiting for a response.

Hadrian sighed and looked at his love, who was struggling to breathe.

"Love...calm down....I....i can explain" Hadrian spoke slowly to his mate. He softly grasped his mate's hand in his. Draco tried hard not to cry, but as soon as he felt Hadrian's hand on his, he burst into tears. Hadrian hugged his mate, who was crying his heart out while cleaningching into Hadrian's shirt.

"Sh...it's ok...I'm here....it's ok love," Hadrian said as he gently stroked his mate's shoulder.
"I'm not going everywhere, Dragon," he told the blonde.

"Please don't leave me again, love... I'll die," Draco wept even more.

Tom and Severus exchanged glances and decided to give the couple some space. Before leaving, Tom touched his son on the shoulder patting gently.

Hadrian kissed his mate on the head before teleporting them to their chamber. He let the other lie on the bed and gripped him firmly as he realized the anguish in his mate's mind.

"I'll never leave you, love," he said as he kissed his companion on the cheek.

"Promise..." In tears, Draco asked. Hadrian smiled looking at his mate. To the rest of the world, his dragon must be the fantastic fearsome prince consort, but to Hadrian, he is the most pure and frail person Hadrian has ever met.

"I promise on our bond, love..." Hadrian said assuredly.

"I love you..." whispered Draco.

"I too love you my fiance..." Hadrian kissed his mate again and pulled him tighter, inhaling the wonderful scent of his mate while planning their wedding in his mind.