Chapter 20

When Severus and Tom arrived at the Riddle Mansion, it was nearly daybreak. They entered to find a nervous Hadrian and an equally concerned Draco. Hadrian dashed towards them the moment he noticed them. He tightly hugged both of his parents.

"I thought I'd lost you," he sobbed openly, unconcerned about anything.

When he saw his son's condition, Tom felt terrible. He should not have left in that manner.

"It's ok...Dad is here..."I'm fine."

Tom returned the embrace. Severus smiled as he saw the father and son duo. He nodded and gazed at his godson. Draco walked forward to his Godfather and hugged him. Severus looked around him and took a deep breath, filled with a long cherished optimism.... 'Family'.

.
.
.
Severus stroked Draco's head, who was lying in bed with a pale countenance. The incident affected Draco more than anyone expected. Being connected to Hadrian, sharing his sentiments and pain, and having a fragile health were all too much for the young blonde.

"How is he...?" Tom enquired of his mate.

"He'll be fine after a good sleep...Don't be concerned."

Severus responded to both his partner and his son, who appeared to be very much worried about his mate.

"I feel like I've got two kids now," Severus groaned.

"Well, Draco is your godson and future son-in-law...so it's normal...". Hadrian blushed slightly as Tom grinned.

"I need to get him a sleeping potion," Severus stated.

"I'll come with you," Tom said as he exited the room with his companion.

"I'm fine now," Draco said faintly, smiling, attempting to reassure his partner, who sighed and sat down in the bed next to him.

"I had a question for you," Draco said to the raven head.

"Anything, my dear dragon," Hadrian said, taking his mate's hand in his and carefully massaging it.

"Should I change my surname?...after we mate." Draco asked, which caught Hadrian off guard for a moment.

"Hm...if you want to," Hadrian said, scratching his nape.

"Oh...I like your name, but I'm going to miss 'Malfoy' with my name," said Draco.

"Hmm...you don't have to remove 'Malfoy' from your name...you can add mine without changing your name," Hadrian responded.

Draco inquired, "Like your parents did..."

"Yes...Pa put Dad's name in his...tying their names together...like they tied their lives together," Hadrian said with a smile.

"Sounds...romantic...So... 'Draco Lucious Malfoy Riddle' How does it sound?" Draco smirked.

"Perfect," Hadrian exclaimed.

"But I've always wondered about your name... what's your full name...why is it hidden?" Draco inquired, and the other's face sank.

"It wasn't done on purpose, dragon.... no one knew I was born...I never had a naming ceremony...that's why....I don't even know if I have a proper full name or not," he chuckled dryly.

"Hadrian Severus Salazar Riddle nèe prince" is your full name."

As he stood near the entrance, Severus spoke. He returned to get his potion book, which he had left in the room, and overheard them.

"Your father is the one who named you by combining our legacies, and he insisted on adding my first name as your middle name instead of his to acknowledge and respect our bond and love. He had always wanted a family and started making plans for it from the beginning... he loved you more than everything. Before the beging of those dreadful days happened, I knew once we had a child he'd love and adore his child with everything he had..." Severus elaborated.