Chapter 21

I'm pregnant...."

Severus stated it again, glancing at his mate, who appeared as if his soul just left his body.
.
.
.
Hadrian was the first to recover from his shock. He hurried up to his papa and hugged him.

"Merlin... I'm going to be a brother...isn't that a dream?"... This is fantastic...Dad, you did it!"

Severus was tense since Tom was still standing there contemplating information. Despite the fact that they both desired another addition to the family, but considering the age and health of Severus, they abandoned the idea, believing that now that Hadrian had Draco, he would ultimately forget the idea of having a sibling. Severus only found out he was pregnant yesterday and was thinking how to inform his mate. When Tom proposed, Severus truly wanted to answer Yes, but these words slipped out of his mouth instead of that.

Why are you all still silent...we should celebrate...I'm going to have a sibling," Hadrian exclaimed joyfully which brought everyone else back to their senses.

"Sev, congratulations... "I'm so happy for you."

Narcissa hugged his friend, and Severus returned the hug with a slight smile. Sev was also congratulated by Draco and his father. Tom was about to say something, but nothing came out of his mouth. Draco looked at them and realized the mates needed some alone time.

"We'll be back in a second...you guys talk"

Draco dragged a jumping Hadrian out of the hall, and Narcissa realized his son's intentions and left the room with her husband after saying farewell.

"Tom..." Severus called cautiously.

"Say something...I know this is unexpected, but we can figure something out."

Severus took a deep breath and took a step forward towards his lover.

"I understand if... you don't want...

Tom unexpectedly hugged the other man while murmuring the words.

"I love you"

Severus twisted his lips into a smile.

"Are you happy...?" He inquired slowly.

"Happy....love...I feel like I'm on cloud nine....Thank you for the present, my beloved!" Tom let go of his mate and kissed him on the cheek. Severus leaned in close and whispered into his mate's ear.

"Yes"

"Huh..?"

"I said Yes....Yes, my love, I'll marry you." Severus laughed through his newly formed tears. "I apologize for destroying the proposal."

"No...thank you for accepting...and giving me this precious gift" With teary eyes, Tom patted Severus' stomach. "You've just made me the happiest person on the planet," he added softly.

"My ring?" Severus inquired, his tone playful.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," Tom said as he removed the ring from his pocket and placed it on his beloved's delicate finger.

"This is beautiful...." Severus wiped his tears away.

"I'm pleased you like it". Tom responded.

"Thank you....it's perfect" Severus hugged his mate, who returned the hug with the same feelings.
.
.
.
Tom tenderly nestled Severus in the bed, who appeared irritated by all the attention.

"I'm not sick, Tom... I'm just pregnant," Severus tried to explain.

"No...you require special attention... we're not taking any chances, love," Tom replied.