Chapter 18

"How did it go...Dad and son talk..." Severus asked his mate.

"Better than I expected...he's definitely clueless about relationships." Tom chuckled.

"Can't blame him, Tom...our child never received love and care from anyone during his childhood".
Severus let out a sigh.

"Hey...he got us now...plus he has a 
wonderful mate and a crown of Prince Around his head.... everything is fine".
Tom hugged his mate.

"Is something bothering you love?" Tom enquired his mate and Severus sighed.

"Professor McGonagall dispatched an owl," Severus responded.

"Is it about Hogwarts...?"

"Yes... they're planning to reopen the school...as she is the head mistress, and she asked if I wanted to continue as a professor."

"How did you respond...?"

"Nothing...I was going to send an owl after discussing it with you."

"It's your decision, dear..."I'm fine with whatever you decide."

"I love my job, Tom, but I love you more...I can't concentrate on potions when I know you'll be here alone in your duties."

"Sev...dear... we'll be fine...you can come here anytime you want and I'll come there whenever I can...it's not like they require my presence all the time...after I settle things down, Lucious can take care of things.

"Then I'll take a few months leave..."

"But...."

"I'm not leaving the job, Tom...to be Frank, each day I woke up fearing that this was all a dream....I need time to heal my insecurities."

"Oh...love," Tom drew him in for a strong hug.

Severus remained silent and hugged his mate with the same intensity.
.
.
.
Hadrian helped his mate to take steps and guided him to the dining table.

"Looks like your health is improving.... congratulations, kiddo," Tom stated with satisfaction.

"Yeah, it was all thanks to Uncle Sev's potions and my dear mate." Draco responded cheerfully.

"Yeah...talented mate and son I've." Tom smiled.

"Draco, did you feel any discomfort last night?"

"No, uncle Sev..." Draco replied.

"Good...so at this rate you'll gain your strength in a week."

"So what about...um...his creature pa" Hadrian asked.

"Don't worry... I'm working on a potion that will assist his creature sleep for a bit without causing any negative side effects."

"That's fantastic...thanks pa," Hadrian exclaimed.

"Hadrian and Draco, we have something to tell you," the dark lord replied solemnly.

"Is Pa expecting...?" Hadrian burst with joy, and Severus choked.

"Eh...no" Tom replied "Right love...?" He asked in confusion to his mate.

"Merlin no.... what's wrong with you two" Severus whisper yelled.

"You're slow Dad..." Hadrian rolled his eyes at his father in disappointment.

"Well I'm working on it..." Tom yelled

"Then work harder."

Hadrian yelled back and Draco brust out laughing. Severus grabbed a nearby fork and stabbed it while glaring at his mate and son making them gulp.