-9-

A/N: Hi everyone i went on an impromptu vacation and i didn't have any time to update🙈 but i am back! I will be releasing two chapter today and have scheduled the edited chapters for the next four weeks. Thank you for your support let me know what you think of the story so far 🤍

"I can't believe you said your name as if you're famous. Girl bye, I'm the girl you're cock blocking bitch. Now move," she growled. I frowned. Director Park was just watching us looking bored and not intervening. The girl then picked up her drink and was about to pour it over me. He pulled me onto his lap just in time and the liquid landed on the floor.

"Leave," he said menacingly. Even I felt a bit a sobered by the command. I got comfortable on his lap and ran my hands through his hair.

"Ares, what are you doing?" he asked with that that expressionless face I was so used to.

"I've always wanted to do that." I whispered. I wasn't sure whether or not I was talking to him or myself. Our faces were inches apart and his hands were on my bare thighs as my dress rode up. Before I knew what was happening, I had closed the distance between us and our lips were moving in sync. When I needed air, I broke the kiss and embraced him.

"I love you Director Park," I said holding onto him. I couldn't see his face but I watched as Olympia sauntered to the bar.

"Fuck, I'm so sorry Director Park let me take her home." I heard her say from a distance.

"Don't worry about it. You enjoy yourself, I will make sure she is safe. I'm leaving now anyway."

There was silence between them and then I felt my body being lifted off the ground. I closed my eyes for a moment and when I opened them again, I was in the back of a nice SUV and Director Park was sitting next to me. I closed the distance between us embraced him. I couldn't keep my eyes open. When I woke up again, I surprisingly didn't have a hangover and I was in a foreign, large comfortable California King bed. I sat up too quickly and felt blood rushing to my head simultaneously with the memories from last night.

In that moment I felt like I could welcome death with loving warm arms because I was EMBARRASSED of how I had behaved last night.

"Finally up?" I heard the voice I was now well accustomed to ask. I stopped mid-stretch and looked at him.

"Director," I responded feeling my dry hoarse throat close up. What could I even say to him to save face. My dignity was gone and I needed to get home as soon as possible. I just wanted to put it all behind me. He smirked sensing my discomfort.

"You remember what you did last night," he accused.

My body involuntarily cringed.

"I am so sorry, that was out of line. I don't know why or understand what possessed me to be clingy like that. In my defence, albeit it's a weak one, I blame the liquor. You know blame it on the ah ah ah ah ah alcohol", I sang softly. His soft laugh was the only sound in the quiet room. "I will let it go this time on one condition."

"Name it," I almost shouted immediately, desperate to put this behind us. "Give me one more kiss." My face blanched. Was he fucking with me? He had to be, because nothing about this situation made any sense at all.

"I thought fat women like me made your dick go soft."

"You're the exception."

"Why?"

"I'm trying to figure that out too," he responded quietly.

It was in that moment that I realised that his face was never expressionless, rather, I was always unable to read the subtle emotions on it. I had established that the small part of me that was into this man was not as small as I thought judging from the way I was clinging to this man for dear life last night.