16

A/N: Writing is a difficult process, there are times when you have pre-writte chapters that need to be edited and times where you are not in the right mind to edit and in fear of not being able to share the story the way you want to, you end up not posting for a while. I ask you to bear with me and be patient as i share this story that I love with you all. 

I just hope I can do it justice. 
-C

With the days that followed, a small part of me was hoped that she would reach out to me but she never did. I immersed myself with my work to try and escape the haunting thoughts of the brief happiness we had shared and before I knew it, another year had passed, and the Christmas season was upon us again. Tony drove the car to the airfield to pick up Eunhui and our usual routine was once again in motion.

Ares P.O.V

Time supposedly heals all wounds, but some wounds are harder to heal. I accepted every project that came my way because I knew the Production House would never lead me astray, it would reflect poorly on them if 'one of their up and coming stars' was involved in anything subpar. Before I knew it a year had passed but I missed him in a way that was different to Roman, even though we had been together longer.

It almost hurt to breathe without him, and I hated myself for giving a man such a strong hold over me. In my pursuit of distraction I had recently accepted a new show that was challenging in many ways but I rose up to every occasion because I was where I was meant to be. I was finally an actress. And I deserved to be in the room and to take up as much space as I did. I knew most of my lines and was so proud of how I was trying to also live a healthier lifestyle.

Pilates had become my escape and a great way of toning my body. My personal trainer was always saying to me that one of my best features were my thighs and so he wouldn't prescribe exercises that reduced them but rather toned them and initially I was pissed off but after a while I realized that my body was becoming stronger, and I felt more at peace and loved it more.

Roman and I had officially broken up because it turned out that he really was Mr 'Can't keep my dick in my pants' and with each new headline that linked him to other entertainers in the business I felt reassurance that breaking up with him was the right move. They say sometimes when you heal too much your life becomes to boring and old habits return...

We had had 3 rounds of sex and I was finally exhausted. "Stay," he pleaded as I got up to shower. "We only use each other for our bodies Roman. I don't want to cross a line and give you hope because I will never trust you. If you can't understand that maybe I should get a new fuck buddy."

"I didn't know you could be such a bitch Ares," he spat out. I could see he regretted his words, the moment he had said them. "Wait... Ares...please—" he called out as I exited the room to go and shower. Backsliding was never in my plans but a toxic part of me wanted something familiar and to be desired. After another lonely night of crying over Taesung I called Roman and asked him to come over because the loneliness had gotten to me. We had both agreed to have casual sex with no strings attached. He would fly out to where my sets were, and we would book a hotel room.

At first it was fun and flirty but after a while Roman's jealousy began to show and he became more frustrated with the more fame I got because I would attend events with co-stars who I had chemistry with. Sometimes we would also go on dates. The name of the new series was "The Echo of Rome" and Jacob Elordi was my co-star. I had been a major fan of his other work and that attraction had led to us dating but we realised that we were incompatible very quickly which could have jeopardised our work but luckily we were able to maintain a friendship because our relationship had fizzled out just after we began filming and we had many sex scenes that we had to do together which would have been awkward if we hated each other.