Hana: Live!

After Joyce left, Leah opted to remain on the floor, her back leaned on the side of the bed. As of now, she was seeing the possible routes her life can take when she comes back to it. Little by little a vision of life was being poured out into her soul and she was soaking it in.

When suddenly the door eased open again. A strand of light from the hallway escaped through the gap falling on her side, catching her attention.

Leah shifted her head to see who was entering and was flabbergasted to the point of bewilderment when she realized who it was.

Her heart plunged to the deepest bottom of her being as she recognized Hana entering the room and making her way fastly to the chair Joyce had recently vacated. Where she was!

Why is she here? Why is she approaching? She shouldn't be here! She said to herself, closing and re-opening her eyes hoping that Hana was just a made-up illusion she had somewhat conjured.

Go away! Leah wanted to scream but extreme shock had rendered her voice impossible.

In quick long strides Hana was able to speedily cover the space from the door to the chair. She settled down immediately, breathing a long sigh of relief. Gathering her strength, she felt good that her determination was still as fervent, and she was still as motivated to do what she came here to do and that is to look Leah in the face.

Good. You can do it. You didn't bolt back. Just be calm and do it. She kept encouraging in her mind. A quick inhale and finally, she resolved to try.

Swallowing, she directed her gaze at Leah's face only for it to last a miserable fraction of a second because she hastily averted it upwards just as soon as she caught sight of her bruised skin.

No! No! No! I can't! This is a terrible mistake. She panicked in her mind.

Her eyes were pressed tight, and her brows smashed together as she tried to forget the image she had just seen.

A few minutes elapsed. This isn't right! She outright rebuked herself. Get a grip on yourself. Hana scolded on her mind.

Exhaling, she reopened her eyes and once more attempted another glance at Leah's face only again to quickly look away.

Taking a deep breath, Hana defeatedly concluded that it was as she feared she couldn't face her. To even process the reality of this bizarre turn of events that had shaken their night and possibly their life for as long as they all shall live was hard for her.

Even this level of proximity with Leah was hard for her to bear. To be near her and to see her in this state makes it all real, making her terror-stricken. Because she knew, she was convinced that she had played a part in her accident. She had sinned and she was guilty.

Bringing her hand up to her mouth she remained that way for a while. Then as if something had jumped out of the air to scare her, she cleared her throat and started talking.

"You were always the patient one and I was the rebel. You see reason at work in the rules while I on the other hand view it as a cruel prison of freedom.

And what shall be the cost of our liberty? That's what you loved to challenge."

Hana was wearing a sad thin smile that seemed to break at the edges. "We did form a beautiful clash of souls."

Reminiscing about their friendship brought some comfort to her, gracing her with the strength to finally look at the face of the one person she had called her only best friend.

"Leah," she uttered, and it was like saying her name burned her chest.

To her Leah was someone she had always secretly admired for her loyal devotion to the people she cared about even if they're the ones causing her pain. She hugely respects her for it because not all can endure what she had been enduring for the sake of love.