6

"Mr. Camillo?" I feigned innocence, "Why did he call?"

Sexy as that man is, he's got another thing coming if he told my brother about the shit I did. I panicked, wondering if my plan had backfired.

"He told me..." Wyatt rolled his sleeves up as he trailed off.

"Told you what?" I urged, not liking how my brother looked disappointed, "Wyatt?"

The man sighed and sat on his favorite lounge chair.

"That you have problems, Rose."

Problems? I walked up to him and crossed my arms, exhibiting a demanding stance.

"Can you please elaborate further?" For the peace of my clean, clean, very clean soul.

Wyatt poured himself a glass of liquor, his slow pace torturing me, "You were at his office earlier, yes?"

I sat down for my sake, feeling that my legs might give out, "Yes, and?"

"He said that you opened up." Wyatt downed his drink. Opened up what? My legs? My shirt? My mouth? My pussy?

"What?" I groaned in frustration, "Just tell me what you talked about."

"He told me that you opened up about your personal issues. He called to recommend the school guidance counselor or a therapist if we know one."

After squaring his shoulders, Wyatt laid back into the comfortable chair, doing its purpose no justice since he looked so rigid. I felt the frustration bubble up from the deepest trench of my flesh.

"He told me to go to a shrink," I stated. Camillo lied and now my brother wants me to see a therapist. I scoffed, "That man, I swear to God when I see him I—" will fuck him so hard he'll forget his name and apologize.

"Rose, your principal is only concerned about your well-being. It had me wondering why you came to him first and not me. I'm your family." The dismay on my beloved brother's face had me wanting to smack Nikolas Camillo's head—both heads.

One deep breath after another, I calmed myself down and reached for Wyatt's hand, "I'm sorry. You're right, I should've gone to you first and not Mr. Camillo."

I got to my feet. "I had a bad day and it just so happened that he called me for some more forms. I ended up telling him things but it's nothing I can't handle. He should've taken it with a grain of salt."

Wyatt forced a smile and the fact that he had to made me want to storm Nikolas Camillo's office naked, "But I appreciate the man's concern. It's right that he told me. I am your guardian after all."

He took a few more gulps of the bitter liquid. Technically, I am in no need of a guardian anymore, but I've gotten used to Wyatt looking out for me.

"I can handle myself, I promise," I spoke, wanting nothing else but a hot bath and some to recharge, "I'll go to Mr. Camillo on Monday to personally thank him and apologize."

"Good," Wyatt stood, looking better compared to minutes ago. "If you need a confidante, tell me, okay? I'm always here to listen. You know I love you."

"I love you too."

I pulled him in for a hug—something I haven't done in a while ever since that incident with Crawford. Then, I excused myself, saying my goodnight.

Though I have thrown caution away with my moves on Nikolas, that did not mean that I will not do my best not to disappoint Wyatt. When Mr. Camillo does give in, best believe that I'll not only be extra careful to not end up in New York but also to not disappoint the only family I truly care for.