Wattpad Original
There are 22 more free parts

Ch 5: Caterina

I've been held prisoner in this villa for three days now. I've only spotted two guards here, but I know there are more. These two are probably the only ones allowed to show their faces. The suit from that day I left America has been giving me the fucking creeps. I wouldn't be so weirded out if he were smiling all the time, but whenever he sees me it's like bam, smiles. I will confront him today, but I don't know how long I will be around these two, and I should just make nice.

Opening my room door, I smell bacon and blueberry pancakes. My bare feet slap against the marble flooring as I rush down the hall and stairs, but I slow my pace as I near the kitchen and to my surprise, it's the smiler cooking. I clear my throat, smoothing the nonexistent wrinkles on my red sundress. Italy's weather is beautiful and I'm in desperate need of a shopping trip because I didn't pack enough dresses. I'm a fool for not visiting this country beforehand—it's weather and beauty are just incredible.

"Miss. Caterina." The smiler greets me and then looks back down at the pan, flipping over two pancakes. My mouth is watering at the sight. Mother would always cook me blueberry pancakes growing up. Father and Erick are allergic to blueberries so I would always have a stack piled high of it. One of my happier moments. "Miss. Caterina, are you hungry?"

"You can just call me Cat." I offer him a smile of my own. I really want some fucking pancakes. "And yes. I didn't know you cooked."

"Why would you?"

Okay, asshole.

"Right." I move to the barstool. "Care to share your name?"

"Dante."

The kitchen is quiet except for the sizzling coming from the stove as Dante cooks. I drum my fingers against the kitchen island as I await for my plate of pancakes. For the past three days, I've had to fend for myself and consumed more bowls of cereal than I would like to admit. I've been dying to taste anything other than Frosted Flakes and Special K.

"Eggs?"

I look back up at Dante. "Yes, please."

I hear footsteps coming our way as Dante cuts the stove off and moves the pan quickly. Before the unknown person walks into the kitchen Dante is standing in front of me, his massive body blocking my view. I look over at the stove and pout. I guess I won't be getting eggs with my pancakes.

"Dante, friend." It's a guy. Could it be one of Lex's brothers?

"You shouldn't be here, Lex specifically said you should not enter his villa."

Okay, maybe it's not one of the brothers. But whoever he is isn't really a threat because Dante hasn't pulled his gun, or it could be due to hierarchy. I reach for Dante's gun but stop midway, hearing what the man said. He can enter his brother's villa whenever he wants. So he is a brother. Great, another Valentino I don't care to see.

"Move Dante, I want to see my cognata," The brother says. There is a pause. "I won't hesitate to shoot you, you do know that."

Leave it to a Valentino to think with his gun.

I draw in slow and steady breaths. I don't need to explode so soon. Be more kind and gentle.

"You need to leave, Cesar."

"And I told you--"

"You shoot him and I'll shoot you," I say, staring at Dante's back. "I've heard I have a great shot."

"She speaks."

"She does, and she has a voice." I get off the barstool and stand next to Dante, and feel him tense up. He slowly steps forward and doesn't block my view this time, but if something were to happen he could shield me. But Cesar doesn't look like he even knows how to pull a trigger. I've heard of siblings looking alike, but this is so uncanny, it's like looking at a young Lex. I look away and can feel my neck and face go hot. I've seen two out of four Valentino brothers and I have to admit, despite the sinner personalities they possess, they are incredibly handsome.