Wattpad Original
There are 20 more free parts

Ch 7: Caterina

How dare Erick!?

Was he making deals with the Valentino family behind our backs? I shouldn't be surprised, and yet I am. I haven't been off American soil for at least a week and he is already making plans with my docks. Now would be a great time to have my phone. I rush into the closet, slip on Lex sweatpants, and run back downstairs. Lex is sitting at the kitchen bar with a cup of coffee. While Dante is still cooking—phew. I see Lex must have been bluffing.

"Are you two good?" I ask, sitting down and leaving an empty seat between Lex and me. Deep down inside, I know I should be trying to seduce him, win him over, but I just can't stomach it. Not right now, at least.

"Of course. I hope you didn't think you were that special. I would never kill my men over a Marchetti." He looks over at me and winks. Fuck, why does he have to be such a handsome asshole? No, why does he have to be who he is? I can handle handsome and asshole, but not when both words involve a Valentino.

"Good to know."

"I will have my lawyer draw up a contract for the docks."

"We aren't married yet."

"What does that have to do with anything?" He arches his eyebrow.

"Everything. I'm not signing anything until after the wedding. I will never do business with a Valentino." And I mean it. I never will.

"That doesn't make sense, conigiletta."

"As a Marchetti, I will never go to bed with a Valentino."

"But you did last night." He winks.

"Business-wise," I scoff. "So, having this conversation is pointless for you and me. I will not change my mind. Also, our marriage is a mere business transaction, so once we get married, I will have my lawyer draw up a contract. For my docks."

"So, what are your plans for today?" He changes the topic, and I'm thankful. However, the look that briefly graces his face lets me know he is pissed, and this conversation will come around again before we say I do. I'm sure of it.

"Am I allowed to leave the compound? Or have my phone?" I tilt my head to the side and look him straight in the eyes. One thing my father has taught me is that you never look down or away from an enemy. "Hmm?"

"Yes and no."

"So I can leave the compound without a phone. What if I get in trouble? Shall I send out a bat signal?"

He moves closer in his seat, our faces mere inches apart. His brown eyes have specks of hazel in them. From my peripheral vision, I can see his left arm raising and his fingers twirling my hair's ends, and I have the urge to slap his hand away, but it will be the opposite of what I need to be doing here. I need my phone. The only person who can help me seduce a man is Francesca, who has had her fair share of dating. Also, she dated a Valentino before.

"Who said you would be leaving here alone?" He asks me.

"I'm not going anywhere with you," I say through clenched teeth. "I'd rather go with anyone but you."

"Oh?" His hand moves quickly, and the next thing I know, he is towering over me with a fist full of hair, tugging my head back. My eyes widen as I look up at him and gasp. This should not be turning me on, but it is. No man has handled me like this before. He leans down, his lips brush my ear. "Anyone but me?"

I nod to the best of my ability.

"Okay, coniglietta. You are free to go without me." He lets go of my hair, and my fingers instantly massage my scalp. "I'll have Cesar come get you in the next hour." He sits back down, pulling out his phone.