Wattpad Original
There are 16 more free parts

Ch 11: Caterina

All I asked of Erick and Father was to watch over Francesca and add more guards to her protection detail. Yet, they did the opposite. No, Erick did it. He took away her protection detail the moment I was in the air to Italy. For two weeks, my best friend had been missing and no one cared. I'm upset with Lex for taking my phone and more pissed with myself for not fighting harder for my phone. I'm done pretending to be someone I'm not. I can't diminish the fire within me so Lex's can burn brighter.

I will find Francesca at all costs.

"It's good to have you back home." Dante greets me as I enter the kitchen. I sit at the island, snatching a banana from the fruit bowl.

"I don't feel good to be back," I admit.

"I heard Francesca Petrov went missing." He moves to the refrigerator, pulls out two water bottles, and hands one to me.

"I don't want to talk about it, Dante. I've cried enough today." I take a bite of the banana. "On the bright side, Lex said he would help me find her. So, I'm trusting the Valentino this once."

Dante looks at me strangely and nods. "That's good to hear. So, how was life at Matteo's?"

"Boring for the most part."

The first few days were filled with me being angry. I was plotting on how to end Lex's life. I didn't care for the long-thought-out revenge plan. Matteo made sure all my meals were delivered to me, and his maid, Camilia, came to check on me from time to time. After that, Cesar stopped by more than I know Matteo would have liked. He wore the same angry expression as Lex when Cesar came over unannounced.

Over the last week, I got Cesar to trust me more and when I informed him, I didn't have a phone. He brought me one before heading to the gym. It was a brand new iPhone, and the only numbers stored were Matteo, Rafael, Cesar, and Lex's. I surprised myself, knowing my father's number from memory. When I asked about Francesca and he skirted around the question, I knew something was wrong. Then an hour later, he confirmed my suspicion. Francesca was gone.

"Earth to Caterina." Dante tosses his bottle cap at me. "You alright?"

I nod.

"Trust me, Lex is going to find her." He smiles, and I can't help but smile back. This wasn't his usual forceful smile. It was genuine. I trust Dante's words. Lex will find Francesca. "He knows how much she means to you and for you to seek him out for help. Shows you trust him too."

Meh, I wouldn't go that far as trusting him. "I trust his capabilities. He wasn't handed the position of the Don. He earned it. So, I'm sure he knows what he is doing for the most part."

"Damn right, I earned it." Lex stands in the kitchen's archway, arms crossed at his chest. Another tailor-made suit covers his physique. Every suit I've seen him in, whether in some trash tabloid or in person, looks more expensive than the last. His side of the closet has nothing but suits, aside from sweatpants and t-shirts. I didn't see a pair of jeans. "Why aren't you dressed?"

"Huh?" I'm in my striped pajamas and fluffy socks. "I am dressed."

"Did you forget that quickly? Dinner."

"Oh shit." I jump off the barstool and rush past him. "I didn't forget!" I take the stairs two at a time.

I did forget.

Once I returned to the villa, I went on Francesca's social media, hoping to see anything. Unfortunately, she doesn't post anything, so that was a dead end. I took a shower, and then the exhaustion came next. I just woke up. I don't know where we are going, but how Lex dresses lets me know it's somewhere fancy. I decided to coordinate with his suit color and grab a little black Gucci dress. Popping the tag, I slip it on.