The Dragonfly Inn

Info:
This story starts with the Dragonfly Inn test run.
Things until this point happen mostly the same but I'm gonna make a few changes.

• Jess never left when he did. He stayed in Stars Hollow and he and Rory were together until February 2004 (mid season 4).

• Dean didn't marry Lindsey, and he and Rory never slept together.

• Emily and Richard never separate.

• Paris never dated Asher Fleming.

==================

"Rory!" Lorelai busted into her house, looking for Rory. She couldn't believe what just happened. "Rory!" She shouted as she ran up the stairs.

"What?" Rory asked, walking out of her room and into the living room. She didn't know why her mother was there. She was supposed to be at the inn. The only reason Rory was at the house was to get some CD's

Lorelai ran down the stairs with her camera and stopped in from of Rory. "You're never gonna believe what just happened"

"What?"

"It was crazy! I mean one second I'm- and then Kirk... you're not gonna believe it"

"Well, I'm definitely not gonna believe it if you don't actually tell me what happened" Rory said. Her mother was clearly shocked by whatever just happened and she couldn't tel if it was good or bad.

"I kissed Luke" Lorelai said. Well, technically he kissed me"

"You kissed Luke?" Rory asked in disbelief.

"Yeah"

"Like...kissed him kissed him?"

"What does that mean?" Lorelai asked

"You know what it means" Rory said

"I kissed Luke, what more is there to say?"

"What does it mean? Are you guys together now? Because that's gonna be a little weird if I'm being honest"

"I don't know what it means because before we could talk about it Kirk came running down the stairs and outside"

"What?"

"Naked" Lorelai added

"I don't even know what to say to that" Rory said. She didn't know if she was more surprised about her mother and Luke kissing or Kirk running through the inn naked.

The mother and daughter went back to the dragonfly where Sookie and Luke were standing over Kirk who was laying face down on a couch in the lobby with a blanket over his bottom half.

"I'm gonna go to bed" Rory said. She wanted by part of whatever was happening.

"Night sweets" Lorelai said. She walked over to Luke and Sookie. "Can he breathe?"

"Yeah we propped his head up so he could" Luke said and unconsciously stroked Lorelai's arms. They made eye contact and both found themselves suddenly feeling very awkward, remember what happened not half an hour before. 

"They were chasing me" Kirk mumbled

"Who was chasing you?" Sookie asked

"They were after me, so I ran away" Kirk said

"Who?" Sookie asked

"Assassins" Luke said quietly. "Thinks assassins are after him"

"They were under my bed in my room so I ran. And they followed me down the hall, down the stairs, past Luke and Lorelai kissing, through the yard, over the fence"

"The assassins are gone now, Kirk" Sookie said

"I imagined them?"

"I think so" Sookie chuckled

"What about Luke and Lorelai kissing?"

"I think you imagined that too" she said and looked behind her at Luke and Lorelai who looked like 2 teenagers who just got called into the principals office. "Ok, Kirk, you stay here, and we'll just um...we'll be right back" she grabbed one of Lorelai's arms and one of Luke's and dragged them to the front desk. "Oh, my god!" She said excitedly

"Sookie" Lorelai said

"You guys were kissing!"

"I'm out of here" Luke said and walked out of the room.

"You guys are together? I always knew it would happen eventually" Sookie said

"Stop" Lorelai said. "We're not together, we're just...I don't know what we are but we can figure it out unless we get a chance to talk, so just keep this to yourself. Please"

"My lips are sealed"

——

The test run went great, aside from a few minor hiccups and a few weeks later, the Dragonfly Inn officially opened. The summer went by quickly. Lorelai and Luke established their relationship, the town had a little freak out over it, Luke yelled at Taylor, and all was right.

On September third Rory found herself back at Yale for her second year.

Rory was walking around campus with Paris, and they stopped at the coffee cart where a group of 3 guys took a particular interest in them.

"Do I know you from somewhere?" The blonde guy asked Rory.

Rory looked at him. She didn't remember ever meeting him before. "I don't think so" she said

"That's a shame" He said and held out his hand for Rory to shake. "Logan Huntzberger"

"Rory" Rory said and shook Logan's hand. She knew exactly why he was talking to her and she wasn't interested. After a messy break up with Jess, she was taking a break from dating.

He didn't know her, but he wanted to. He was used to girls throwing themselves at him, so he was intrigued by the one who practically brushed him off. "Can I buy you a drink sometime?" He asked

"I don't drink" Rory said

"Then coffee" Logan said

"No. Sorry" Rory said. "I'm not interested" she said and she and Paris walked away.

"That's a shame" the Australian guy who was with Logan said. 

"Shut up Finn" Logan said

"She was pretty" the other guy said

"Colin" Logan warned

"Too bad she wasn't interested" Finn said. "Is that the first time young Logan's ever been rejected?"

"I believe it is" Colin said

"I hate you both"