Home For The Holidays

"You know what I think?" Rory asked as she and Logan were decorating their apartment for Christmas. They weren't even spending Christmas there, but Rory insisted that the place needed to be decorated.

"What do you think?" Logan asked

"I think we need glitter" Rory said

"You wanna put glitter on the tree?" Logan asked. Rory nodded. "Do you realize that if we put glitter on the tree, we're gonna have to clean up glitter in 2 weeks?"

"Yeah, maybe we should skip the glitter" Rory said.

"Good call"

A few days later was Christmas Eve, Rory and Logan headed to Stars Hollow.

"Rory!" Liam shouted and ran to Rory as soon as they walked into the house. It sounded more like wowy, but it was cute.

"Hey there!" Rory smiled and picked Liam up, kissing his cheek. "Where's mommy?"

"Chicken" Liam said

Rory chuckled. "Kitchen"

"Chicken"

"Sure" she said. She and Logan headed into the kitchen to find Lorelai. 

"Loin fruit number one!" Lorelai shouted

"No" Rory shook her head

"How's it going, kid?" Lorelai asked, as she hugged Rory. "Hi Logan"

"Hi" Logan said.

"We had our own special greeting committee" Rory said

"Listen, this kid is obsessed with you" Lorelai said. "All day, every day it's mommy, where Rory? Want Rory. Rory"

"Rory!" Liam said with a huge smile on his face.

"That's right, you love your sister" Lorelai said and kissed the top of Liam's head.

"Liam, who's your favorite person in the world?" Rory asked. Whenever Rory was holding him he'd always respond by saying Rory. It didn't matter what you asked him.

"Rory" Liam said

"That's not funny" Lorelai said

"It's hilarious" 

Christmas morning everyone was just sitting around in the living room, drinking coffee.

"Hey, I never told you who called me last week" Rory said. The week before she was having lunch with her mom and got a phone call halfway through. "I got a job. For after graduation"

"That's great!" Lorelai said. "What is it?"

"That's the best part. It's literally the best job I ever could've imagined getting. Actually I couldn't even imagine getting this job"

"What is it?" Luke asked

"I'm gonna be a writer for the New York Times"

"No way!" Lorelai said. "Are you messing with me?"

"Nope" Rory said. "It's a real job, writing real article, for a real newspaper"

"Honey, that's great!"

——

New Year's Eve found Rory and Logan at Rich Man's Shoe with their friends. It was one of their favorite places to go because it wasn't too crowded. Even on New Year's Eve, there were only about 15 other people there, outside their group. The girls were all by the bar, and the guys were sitting in a booth.

"You better be really fucking sure about this, mate" Finn said.

"Yeah, this isn't a question you ask unless you shady know the answer" Colin said