Surgery

A few weeks went by and Rory had fully recovered. She was back to working in the office which meant that Ari was back in daycare. Usually she went with Rory because Logan worked longer hours.

One day she got to the office, carrying Ari who refused to put shoes on, and made her way to the nursery.

"Hello Aurora" Margaret, the daycare attendant said when she saw Rory walk in with Ari. "I see we're going barefoot today"

"Her shoes are in the bag" Rory said. "Although if she's giving you a hard time about putting them on, just leave it". They daycare was carpeted and she had socks on, so if Ari decided she didn't like wearing shoes that day, Rory didn't care. 

"No problem" Margaret said

"Alright" Rory said and put Ari down. "Bye baby, I'll see you later" she kissed Ari's cheek and headed up to her office. When she turned on her computer, she found that Logan had sent her some stuff he was looking at about adoption. They'd pretty much decided that they were doing that. Putting the hysterectomy aside, Rory went through a lot more than she should've had to in order to have Aurora. 3 years of fertility treatments, 4 miscarriages, a very uncomfortable pregnancy, and almost 48 hours of labor which ended with her needed a C-section.

When Rory got home that day, Logan was already there with his friend and coworker, Arthur. She put Ari down and she ran straight to Logan. "Daddy!"

"Hi princess" Logan picked her up and kissed her cheek.

"Hey Arthur" Rory said

"Hi Rory" Arthur said "hey, do you ever worry that you'll forget where you are and start driving on the wrong side of the road?"

"Artie, come on, we've been living here 8 years" Logan said "do you know how many times we've heard that joke?" He asked, and looked at Rory "did you read what I sent you?"

"Yes" Rory said

"And?"

"Let's talk about it later" Rory said. "Alright, little miss, let's go upstairs so daddy and Arthur can work" she said and took Ari from Logan. "Say bye bye"

"Bye bye" Ari waved and Rory took her upstairs.

"Where were we?" Arthur asked

"Financial reports" Logan said

"Right"

That night, after putting Ari to sleep, Logan walked into his and Rory's bedroom where Rory was getting ready for bed.

"Let's do it" Rory said

"Really?" Logan asked

"Yup"

"You're talking about that I think you're talking about, right?" Logan asked

"I don't know what you're thinking, but I'm talking about the adoption thing" Rory said. "I think we should do it"

"This is good" Logan said and put his hands on Rory's waist

"This is good"

Over the next few weeks Rory and Logan filled out all the necessary paperwork to adopt a baby. Now they were just waiting for a call saying they have a baby for them to adopt. Rory also contacted her doctor to schedule her for a hysterectomy. The scheduled it for the first week in March, when Lorelai was able to come visit, and help out a little because the recovery was supposedly not so easy.

Rory picked up Lorelai from the airport.

"Does having this surgery mean you'll never have a period again?" Lorelai asked as Rory drove