42

I am so close to reaching 400 followers. Please help me acheive that goal. I will provide an early update if I do :)

*** Vaishnavi ***

I woke up as the harsh rays of sun fell on my face and quickly realized that I accidentally slept past my usual time. The fact that the king is no where to be found only confirmed my beliefs.

"The letter," was the first thing that came into my mind and I immediately got down and started looking around.

"What are you searching for?" I heard Adi's voice as he walked into the room. 

He was dressed up for court which means I was late by atleast 3 hours.

"...the...letter..." I slowly answered.

"It's with me," Adi stated.

"Did you read it?" I asked.

"Mmm Hmm," Adi nodded and walked towards his table to close some of his books that he probably was working on previously.

"Do you hate me?" I asked as I followed him.

"Regarding?" he asked still engrossed in his work.

"I...I watched in silence as they killed my sister..." I answered, "I committed a crime...or rather..." I paused, "...rather a sin..."

Adi turned towards me and I could sense his anger through the intensity in his eyes.

He hates me

"Agreed," he said after a brief pause, "Which is why I got the general to reopen the case. Your saviour might soon come here to prosecute you for being an accomplice in murder."

"Really?" I asked confused.

"Yes," Adi said still being serious, "Isn't that what you want?"

I nodded and looked away. "Finally," I said, "The gods have been kind for way too long."

"Not just on you, on the Queen's cabinet as well," Adi stated, "They are going on trial today."

I looked at him surprised. "Trial for what!?" I asked.

"For breaking their promise," Adi replied, "They took a wow to protect you at all times and not a single one of them showed up after I caught you in the temple." "Left their queen to face the king's fury all by herself," he completed.

"What!?" I said getting defensive, "Adi...they did the most rationale thing they could. Firstly, I never wanted them to save me and secondly....even if they did come to my rescue, the only thing that is going to happen is them getting into trouble. They do not have power over you."

"And you thought you had power over an entire group of angry villagers?" Adi asked and I immediately fell silent.

"Careful with your words next time, love," Adi stated in a calm yet authorititve tone that made his anger quite evident. "I do not respond kindly to accussations against my wife," he concluded and promptly left after gently kissing me on the forehead.

*************

"Your highness," Sruthi called out bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?"

"Are you alright?" she asked, "You've been reading this page for an hour now."

I signed and closed the book.

 "It's just..." I said as Naina also adjusted her chair to face me. "I had a disagreement with the king."

"Regarding?" Naina asked.