54

Here is an early chapter for all of you and this is a long one :)

Next part is not a chapter but please please read it and read it completely, it's important

*** Nanda ***

"Who the hell..." "Oh sorry sir..." the soldier quickly changed his statement and demeanor when he realized that the man who hit his sleepy head was me.

"Come on, man! Sleeping on duty," I said frustrated.

"I apologize sir," he said standing up straight and looking down in hopes of me forgiving him as my eyes fell on bed near his feet.

"Nagendra is in this compound today?" I asked in shock.

He was supossed to be in the trainees quaters on Thursdays!

"Yes sir," the soldier hesitantly replied, "The trainees said they wanted to have a party so..."

I did not even wait until he finished the statement as I ran back to the store room. Nagendra likes the storeroom and Sruthi is afraid of the dark...what if....my fears turned into a reality when I heard Sruthi scream and I immediately ran faster and opened the door only to find Sruthi standing there with Adi's favorite artifact broken right beside her.

"I am so sorry....so sorry...." she said in fear when she saw me, "I saw a....."

"It's okay, it's alright," I immediately said, "Just stay where you are." 

She nodded and complied. I walked towards her and looked down. There were shattered glass pieces all around her and she is not even wearing slippers. 

So I lifted her in my arms. To my surprise, she did not even object and held onto me as if her life depends on it and I brought her to the opposite room, placing her on the chair.

"Are you hurt?" I asked getting down on one knee and held her feet to examine.

"No don't," she immediately opposed, "You are the general of the Nine Kingdoms."

"Who cares?" I replied as I continued examining, "You are more important to me."

"I...I saw a ghost," Sruthi said as she slowly gained confidence to talk to me, "It has....green eyes...and it looked at me...."

"It's not a ghost, princess," I replied, "It's Nagendra."

"A snake?" Sruthi started pankcing again.

My bad!

"No Sruthi, not a snake," I said immediately getting up and gently holding her face to assure her, "It's a cat."

"A cat?" Sruthi asked.

"Yeah...." I answered feeling a little guilty, "Nagendra is the soldiers pet cat" and the moment I finished the sentence I felt a slap on my arm.

"You..monster...you stupid....you..." Sruthi started crying while scolding and hitting me with her right hand, "You...you very stupid..." she said searching for more swear words, "You...you..."