81

To be honest I intended to publish this chapter on Saturday because getting into top 10 on a Saturday would be incredibly beneficial for me but as always when it comes to Enchanted my self control levels are in the negatives, so here we go.

Brace yourself, this chapter will touch your hearts

Also please read and vote on the author's note as well, I wrote it with a lot of love ❤️

*** Veer ***

"Okay boys, you ready?" I asked my friends.

Apparently Sruthi somehow found and read the General's note but for some reason refuses to completely accept it as the truth, so we being the General's army decided to help him express his love.

Will he get angry? Yes

Will he chase us around the soldiers compound with a stick like he did the last time we sang this song? Yes

Are we still going to sing it? Yes, because worst case, we run to the King......No, we run to the Queen.

The King can get too hung up with the rules.

"She's coming," Pratap whispered and we all got into character.

Hasta raha noorani chehra....Kali zulfein rang sunehra.....

We sung in unison pretending to not notice her and Naina as they walked into the corridors.

"Wow Veer!" Sruthi said surprised, "I've heard this song before. Did you write it for Naina?"

"I wish," I said outloud and looked towards Naina who looked a little disappointed.

I would like to once again re-emphasize that loving a women form the Queen's cabinet is a terrible idea. They spend their days watching King Adinath express his love for his Queen and those standards are uncanny to match with.

What if I am not King Adinath? Nainu is still my Queen!

"But then Sruthi," I continued, "despite my best efforts, I couldn't find the right words to describe the beauty and grace of my god gifted angel."

Naina looked away and smiled.

Her smile steals my heart!

*Ahem*

Pratap cleared his throat to bring me back from my fantasy land.

"This song was actually written by the general," I said turning towards Sruthi.

"For whom?" she asked innocently.

Her innocence is going to be the death of me. 

I can't be that explicit and still expect to survive and marry my general's sister.....

"Well," Naina replied on my behalf, "He only talks to four women, three of whom he considers sisters so....."

"He wrote it for me?" Sruthi asked surprised.

"Whom else would he write it for, my future bhabhi?" Naina chuckled and Sruthi visibly smiled at the new nickname.

My future wife is a chameleon. 

Challenged me to make a 1000 paper birds in order to reveal our relationship to the general but then revealed her brother's relationship to Sruthi without a second thought.

He did not even make a single paper bird!!!!

UNFAIR!!!!

"Can you....can you sing me the full song?" Sruthi asked me with almost teary eyes and happy smiles.