66

Here's a new update, sorry for the delay.

Wasn't expecting you guys to finish the target so fast lol

Anyway target for next update is 950 votes and 450 comments.

You can do it, the last chapter proves it lol....also I need more time to write, hence a bigger target hehe

*** Sruthi ***

I brought my knees closer to my chest hoping that would calm down my heart as I trembled in fear sitting in one corner of the room. 

The King's angry eyes, intense glare, and warnings still ringing in my head. 

I lied!

To King Adinath!

The unforgiving king!

He is going to send me to prison for sure, but more importantly....I also caused disputes between him and Kanda. 

What if Kanda never talks to me?

What if he never even visits me? 

Why am I even thinking about him?

Sometimes even I question myself, am I insane, for loving a man as unpredictable as him....I hate myself for caring so much about him....but then....but then when he decides to be good...he completely commits to it....he makes me feel like a princess....

He is the general of the Nine Kingdoms! 

Despite their constant banters, even the king never explicitly adressed him with disrespect. Yet he didn't say a word when I called him an idiot and even made sure that I don't hesitate to call him names. I even hit him and he silently accepted it. He supported me for the chess championship and promised to protect me from everything in my way.

He left me true, but then he did everything to bring back my smile, yet kept his promise and lowered his gaze everytime I smiled.

A man who kept every single promise he ever made!

A man who humbled himself infront of me and even touched my feet!

A man who is extremely intelligent, skilled, and yet silly enough to banter with me!

A man who never accepts defeat but lost to a little girl just to see me smile!

and most importantly

A man who went against the king, multiple times, just to protect me!

How can I not fall in love with him? He has all the qualities a women could ever dream of....and in all honesty.....he did not leave me in the dark....I dropped the lamp because I got scared of Nagendra...and the general didn't even know Nagendra was going to be there.....

And even the soldiers chamber wasn't that bad......no....maybe I am supporting him because I am blinded by love....but again.....

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the sound of trumpets and soldiers marching.

Some royal is visiting the chambers?

Is it the King? Am I going to be arrested now?

My heartbeat kept increasing and almost stopped when I heard the knock on the door. 

"Sruthi it's me," the Queen's gentle voice calmed me down and I quickly went to open the door.

*** Vaishnavi ***

"Your highness," Sruthi said with tears in her eyes the moment she opened the door and immediately hugged me, "Save me, please, save me!"

"Sruthi what are you..." I said confused, "What are talking about? Save you....from whom?"