64

Finally we did it yayyy!!!

Here is a new update. Again 800 votes and 350 comments and the next update will be out earlier as well ❤️

I also added a song that I think would go well with some of these scenes :)

*** Sruthi ***

"What are you hiding?"

"No...nothing...your highness," I stuttered as my heartbeat kept increasing.

The King signed as a desperate attempt to hold himself back. 

"Patience is not a virtue I possess, Sruthi," he warned and I looked at him scared, almost on the verge of tears.

The king flipped the sand clock on the table.

"That is all the time you've got," he warned. "I won't be calm after that," he added and got back to his work leaving me both scared and confused as I watched the sand particles going down at an increasingly rapid speed.

This is King Adinath we are talking about. There is no escape and I have no choice...but...but I cannot snitch on Kanda either....as I contemplated on what I should be doing, the worst inadvertedly happened.....the sand fell into the other side, and the clock made a TICK sound and the king's eyes immediately shot up.

"I...I lied..." I immediately confessed. His eyes looked too dangerous to ignore.

"I know," the King replied anger radiating in his deep voice, "The question was why?"

"To...to..." I stuttered again, "to be close to Kanda...I mean....the general...."

"What?" the King asked surprised, "Why would you need to fake an injury for that?"

With that question, I was left with no choice but to tell the king everything. The fake training agreement, the soldiers compound, Veer secretly helping me, Kanda leaving me in the antics room, me breaking the artifact, Kanda's guilt, the friendship deal everything....everything while not even daring to maintain eye contact with the king....and when I finally dared to look up....I could see the famous King's fury in his eyes.

"Nandu bhaiyya," he whispered as he angrily stood up and went to the Soldier's compound.

"Your highness," I tried to chase and stop him but he turned back right at the entry of the soldier's compound. "Stay back Sruthi," he warned pointing his finger and the soldier's immediately blocked my way following their king's implicit commands.

"Evacuate the entire compound. Need to talk to the General," he told Veer who came rushing in to attend the King. 

Looks like he is the incharge today.

 Veer immediately sent orders and within seconds all the soldiers came outside while the King entered in.

"Officer Veer....Veer I need to go in," I told Veer getting his attention in the middle of chaos.

"Are you mad, Miss. Sruthi?" he said frustrated, "You are going to get us both killed."

"No...I.." I looked around and signalled him to step aside before whispering, "The King and the general are going to have a fight..."

"What?" Veer said surprised.

"We...we need to stop them," I said trying to convince him.

"Miss. Sruthi what makes you think you can stop them?" he asked and I fell silent.

"Get....get the Queen," Veer immediately came up with an advice, "No soldier has the authority to stop her."

"Okay," I nodded and immediately ran away to find the Queen.