CHAPTER 1: THE REJECTION

Alyssa's POV

"Good morning mum and dad", I greeted my parents as I rushed down the stairs into the dining hall of the pack house. 

"Happy birthday my little pup", my dad said as I hugged him really tight.

"Ahem", my mum cleared her throat while using her eyes to signal me. I looked and saw there were some people who I'm not familiar with sitting at the end of the dining hall.

I looked back at my parents wondering what I'm supposed to do when my mum dragged me down and whisper-shouted into my ear. 

"This is the Alpha king and his family dear" I inwardly rolled my eyes at her behavior.

Of course I didn't care much but I had to pretend for my mum's satisfaction because even though my dad was the Alpha, my mum was in charge of the political situation of the pack while my dad managed the other activities.

Well let me explain how my family is;

My dad, Alpha Raphael Silverson is the alpha of the second strongest pack in the world and the best friend to the werewolf king.

My mum, Amelia Sanders is the daughter of an alpha from another pack and she has always wanted to be the Luna of another pack and her dreams came true when she met my dad on a visit to his pack.

They immediately fell in love and mated each other. I have three siblings; two boys and a girl. I and my two brothers are triplets, me being the eldest of the three which meant that I was an Alpha while my younger sis is in high school.

Unlike my mother who wanted to be just a Luna, I always wanted to rule and be an Alpha but my mum always said a female mate is to be submissive to her male counterpart which is why my dad is my favorite since he supports me and trusts that my mate would be someone who can side with me.

The thought of having a mate really irritates me but who am I to decline the Moon goddess will. 

I bowed to greet the alpha then took my seat at the dining while my parents and the king kept talking about politics and pack welfare. 

I really wish I wasn't here...

"Excuse me everyone" I said as I excused myself and rushed out before my mum started matching me with the king's son. On my way to my room, I met Luke, the beta's son and my best friend. 

"Hey Lukie" I waved as I hugged him tight and inhaled.

Ahh his sweet oak scent...

"Hey Ally, how you doing?" He said and we decided to catch up a little before I left him but just as I was about to enter my room, I bumped into a wall but looking up, I saw it was a chest which was surprisingly hard.

I looked to see it was the guy from breakfast and I felt some kind of force attracting me to him. 

Up close, he was really handsome with beautiful silver eyes, a chiseled jaw, black curly hair and heart lips. I almost felt jealous but then realized I may have been staring at him like a lovesick puppy.

"Get outta my way little girl" he pushed past me walking away while I just froze in shock. 

Wait did he just call me a little girl even though we were just age mates?

By the time I recovered from shock and was about to give him a reply, he was already gone. 

I clenched and unclenched my fist in an attempt to calm myself down before my wolf, Brittany surfaces because once she gets out, there's no stopping her although recently, she's been quiet.