CHAPTER TWO: THE RUNAWAY

Alyssa's POV

I went into the hall and told my dad that I was tired and needed to rest. He tried to stop me but I insisted so he let me go.

Immediately I got into my room, my tears started falling uncontrollably even though I tried my best to hold it in.

I howled loudly as I fell on the floor while Brittany kept whimpering in my head.

I think I cried for about thirty minutes but when I was done, I stood in front of the mirror.

Ooh, I was a mess.

I sluggishly made my way into the bathroom and filled the tub. When it was full, I stripped myself and slowly entered the tub.

The warmth of the water helped ease my muscles and I almost fell asleep when Brittany spoke.

Why did mate reject us and you also accepted it?

I just shrugged my shoulders.

Don't know, don't care

You released your alpha aura to intimidate him when you know he is also an alpha

I know he's one which is why I released mine so he'd know he's not rejecting just any wolf but also an alpha as it is rare to find a female alpha and it would have made him more powerful

It would have also made you more powerful too Alyssa but you chose to ignore that fact and just accept his rejection

Hearing her say that made me reconsider it all but what can I do? It was his choice to reject me and knowing how proud I am plus my alpha blood, I didn't want him to have the last word. The look on his face when I released my aura almost made me laugh.

Almost...

Brittany and I talked some more before I slept off in the tub.

"ALYSSA!!!"

I jerked up when I heard my name being called.

I quickly got out and wrapped my towel around my body before unlocking the door and thank the moon goddess I did because in front of me was Luke in the motion of breaking my bathroom door.

I simply rolled my eyes and pushed him out of my way as I sat on my dresser ready to apply some cream on my body since I stayed longer than planned in the bathtub.

So wrinkly...

"Alyssa, what were you doing in the bath for so long that you didn't hear me call you until when I was about to break the door?" Luke said looking pissed at my nonchalant attitude.

"Look Luke, I'm not in the mood to talk as you can see. I'm really tired and would like to get some sleep so if you don't mind, leave my room" I said in one breathe as I made my way into my walk in closet and shut the door before he could get another word out.

Luke's POV

I watched as Alyssa entered her closet in a haste.

I could feel from our mind link that she felt heartbroken and pained which made me run up here to check on her. I tried to communicate with her through the link but she shut it off.

I just sat on her bed as I kept on running my hands through my hair in an attempt to calm myself down.

Ally and I have been best friends since we were little and I always had this urge to protect her.

Even if she was mocked for being a female alpha, I would always be by her side.

Who am I kidding, if she found her mate I would follow her.