CHAPTER EIGHT: MEETING HER AGAIN

PS: The person up there is Angelo, Alyssa's brother.

Damon's POV

I've felt like shit for the past two weeks Alyssa's been gone. I couldn't believe I had rejected her with no ounce of pity for what she'd go through. I've always heard that a mate is who the moon goddess created to be by each-other's side, supporting and standing by whatever decision they make.

I've never wanted that for myself at all, I didn't want to be stuck with one woman for the rest of my life even though I've only dated twice; none of them worked out. When I had bumped into her that evening, I knew she was my mate. She had a sweet scent of lavender which overpowered my senses. Even the evening of her birthday party, she looked so beautiful in that red dress.

Her creamy fair skin, her curly black hair, her spotless arms and legs but what pissed me off was the way her cleavage was slightly exposed. I barely managed to control myself that night. Her cold face that night still gave me nightmares but what hurt me the most was the fact that she accepted the rejection and my wolf also lost his mate and he refused to communicate with me at all.

Did I really expect her to come begging me?

I woke up this morning feeling so tired after returning home from the party. I didn't even feel like taking a bath but I willed myself, rolling into the bathroom and got ready for the day. I brushed my teeth and got into the tub. I did lay in the tub which was filled with cold water for a few minutes before finally scrubbing and rinsing my body.

I decided to make myself feel better and not let the events of the previous night get to me. I wore a white t-shirt with blue jeans and a pair of Adidas. I styled my hair with some gel and wore a silver chain on my neck with some rings on my fingers. I stood in front of the floor-to-ceiling mirror, checking myself out and I had to admit that I looked good.

I put on a bright smile and walked downstairs. On reaching there, I saw all the pack warriors gathered in the meeting hall. We lived in our own house, away from the pack members for privacy.

"Dad, what's going on?" I asked, confusion evident in my voice.

"Ah son, you're here," My dad sighed removing the glasses which sat on the bridge of his nose.

"I just got a call from the alpha of the crescent moon pack. His daughter went missing so as the beta's son"

That statement sent shock waves through me. It felt as if cold water had just been poured on me. My mate was missing.

My rejected mate was missing...

I couldn't even move, my throat felt dry. I managed to compose myself and walked into the kitchen to get some water. My hands shook as I poured the water into the glass. I drank it all in one go before resting my hands on the island. I could barely breathe. I felt someone pat my shoulders and I looked to see my father and mother gazing at me with worried looks.

"Are you okay baby?" Mom cooed rubbing my back.

"Yeah mom, it's just very hard to believe that someone close to the family has gone missing" I said still trying to control my breathing and hide my nervousness.

"Did you see Alyssa at the party the previous night?" Dad asked looking at me with suspicion.

"I... no..." I stuttered trying to gather my words but I just couldn't.

"Mi Tesoro, He is traumatized right now and needs to rest" Mom placed her hands on dad's chest, trying to appease his growing suspicion.

"Yes Dad. I'll be in my room" I walked out but could still hear their hushed whispers.