CHAPTER NINE: BACK TO MY FAMILY

NOTE: The person up there is Michael.

Alyssa's POV

We had already booked a flight from LA to Trenton for the evening and were currently having a breakfast of pancakes and maple syrup with croissants and cappuccino. Right after the fiasco at the mall, we wanted to go back to the hotel when Damon offered to us to stay at his friend's house. Luke and I had declined but he was persistent and we had no other option than to give in.

"Pass me the maple syrup" Sylvia said as she slid into the stool beside me. Both of us were now seated at the island watching as Damon and Luke cooked up breakfast. Damon flipped the pancake which was on the pan before laying on the five others he had made.

He pushed it over to her with the maple syrup she had requested for. I had just taken a mouthful of my coffee when I looked over at Sylvia to see she had chucked two pancakes in her mouth before squirting some syrup in as well. I spat my coffee out before bursting into a round of laughter.

Her cheeks were really big and reddish. She looked like a chipmunk. "Vwoof?" I couldn't even understand what she was saying. The guys had noticed me laughing and turned around. Luke immediately laughed along with me while Damon's face was flushed with embarrassment.

"Sorella (Sister)" He muttered before shaking his head and facing the food once more. "What?" She said after she had eaten all the food. I'd laughed so hard that my ribs started to ache and I felt the urge to pee. "Oh my, excuse me please" I said to them as I staggered towards the restroom at the end of the hallway. I finished up and washed my hands before drying them then walking out. I heard male laughter coming from the living room and neither was it Luke's nor was it Damon's.

I arrived to see Sylvia hugging a tall guy who had brunette hair and black eyes. "Thanks for making my house yours Damon" He said after releasing himself from the tight hug. I noticed that when he spoke, there was a slight accent. He was dressed in black top with short sleeves which did little to hide his muscles and tattoos.

"Come on dude. It ain't my fault I cook like a trained chef." Damon praised himself, puffing out his chest. It seems like none of them had noticed I was here. "This is Luke Rossi, an acquaintance of mine" He continued as he pointed at Luke who stepped forward. I felt Damon didn't quite know the relationship he shared with Luke and I which made him address Luke as such.

"Michael Davis but you can call me Mike. Pleasure meeting you" Mike introduced stretching forth a hand towards Luke who received it with politeness and perfect etiquette. He would soon have to take on the future beta duties when passed onto him so he began to train and learn alongside me.

"Oh Alyssa, how long have you been standing over there?" Sylvia asked staring at me in shock. Her little outburst got everyone's eyes on me. I chuckled before straightening myself from my previous leaning position.

"I was busy staring at you guys who were chatting here without noticing my absence," I pouted walking towards the small circle they had created. "You didn't even bother to check where I was" I faked a frown and feigned anger.

"I would have looked for you if I knew my way around this gorgeous apartment." Luke complained playfully before wrapping his arms around my shoulder and resting his chin on-top of my head. I laughed before placing my hands on his own. I heard someone clear their throat and I slightly turned my neck to see the trio staring daggers at us so we quickly unlocked.

"Alyssa Silverson" I introduced with a polite smile after I had composed myself. "Mike Davis. I'm a friend of Sylvia and Damon" He replied and we shook hands before withdrawing. "I guess you guys are dating" He said looking at me with an eyebrow perked up. "Him and I?" I asked looking around.