CHAPTER SIX: CONSEQUENCES

Alyssa's POV

"Ugh", I groaned placing my hand on my forehead as I tried to open my eyes.

My eyes squinted at the bright light that came in through the slit of the blinds. I tried sitting up on the bed only to discover a weight holding me down. I turned around and saw Luke laying down on the bed with his hands around my waist. His brows were furrowed and I saw the dry tear stains on his cheeks and I felt guilt hit me like a ton of bricks.

"Don't leave me" I heard him mutter sleepily.

"What?"

"Alyssa, you can't leave me. You're the only family I have now"

I then remembered what happened yesterday.

I ordered for toast with butter spread on it and a cup of juice. In the tray was a small silver butter knife and I don't know what came over me but there I was, holding a knife to my wrists and my wolf trying to stop me but I cut the link off.

I guess all the pent-up stress, anger, sadness and depression just exploded and the only thing I thought of doing at that time was ending my own life, not thinking about how Luke would feel if he found me dead just after stepping out.

I slit my wrists before taking my hand, holding the knife towards my stomach before stabbing myself. Last thing I remember was falling to the floor and Brittany saying she was going to tell Knight about this.

I checked my wrists and stomach to see that the wounds had closed up.

"I'm sorry Lukie" I sniffed trying to stop the tears as I traced his face with my index finger.

I got off the bed after pulling out of his tight grip and walked to the bathroom to take a shower and perhaps cry in the space of thirty minutes.

...

I changed into a baggy grey sweatpants and white shirt, pulling my hair into a messy bun before slipping my feet into the fluffy slippers by the bed. Standing in front of the mirror, I touched my pale face, sighing. I walked out of the room to Luke's door. I knocked thrice waiting for only a few minutes before Luke opened the door. He wore a tired expression and I felt a pang of guilt knowing I was the one who made him this stressed.

"I'm sorry Luke. I don't know what came over me."

"I really don't need this type of stress right now Alyssa"

He only called me Alyssa when he was pissed.

"But-"

"You thought that killing yourself would end all the pain you feel. You don't know how crazy I felt knowing that I may have lost you and I also had to heal you even though I'm not that good at it" He cut me off.

I thought my body had healed itself.

"I didn't know-"

"OH CUT THE CRAP!!!" He shouted, cutting me off again. I flinched at his tone which bore pain, anger and fear.

He was scared of losing me...

I was the only family he had left

He was the only one I had now and I did that to him...

I did the only thing that came to mind.

I hugged him.

I tightened my arms around him and let all my tears out, my head gently against his chest, soaking his shirt as he was slightly taller than me. I found solace in our closeness, the steady rise and fall of his chest created a sense of calm.