CHAPTER FOUR: ROAD TRIP

Alyssa's POV

I don't know for how many hours we've been gone from the packhouse but I think it should be around five or so and I'm supposed to feel fatigue due to all the sobbing and mental weight of the rejection but all i felt was numbness.

I dreaded saying those words but it seems as though I may have to come to term with it. I don't know whether to feel guilty or not cause there are two voices in my head, one opposing the other.

The timid and shy part says that I should grieve over the loss while the bold and courageous part says I should freaking get over it and kick rejection in the ass. I think I prefer to be the latter.

I sigh feeling one hell of a migraine coming on. I turned to my side to see Luke driving while taking a shot of the black coffee he got from Starbucks so he could stay awake and even though I told him he should let me drive, he kept insisting I needed to rest plus the fact he doesn't like others driving his baby.

We didn't even know where we were headed but the only thing going through my mind is to get far away from the pack and from our mates who rejected us and I'm pretty sure he thought the same.

I felt Luke grab my hand from across the hand rest and squeezed them tight as reassurance that he would always support me and I thank the moon goddess that I had someone much more valuable than any destined life partner.

I used my free hand to clean the tears that escaped while I was thinking.

I watched as Luke stopped his Ford Explorer, Diane, at a twenty-four hour store to see if he could get a map. I watched as he inquired from the girl at the front desk who kept on blinking like a bloated hippo while twirling her long blonde hair around her finger.

Luke turned to look at me and I saw him roll his eyes while using his finger to demonstrate that the girl was crazy.

I giggled a little over enthusiastically as the girl leaned to her side to see who the guy she's flirting with was gazing at.

Seeing me, she gave me a death glare as if warning me that he was her property when the truth was far from that.
Luke went in the direction another employee pointed at.

I relaxed into the seat and put on my headphones as I connected them to my phone and played "Heat Waves" by Glass Animals.

Sometimes, all I think about is you

Late nights in the middle of June

Heat waves been fakin' me out

Can't make you happier now

Halfway through the song, I heard a knock on the window of the car.

Pausing my song pissed thinking that it was someone who needed directions or something like that.

With that in mind, I turned.

Lo and behold, it was the glorified bimbo herself.

"Get out of the car, bitch" she said while banging on the glass.

"CAN YOU TELL ME WHY YOU ARE KNOCKING ON MY WINDOW LIKE SOMEONE WHO IS BEING CHASED BY WILD HYENAS YOU GLORIFIED BITCH!!!" I screamed as I winded the window down the window only for her to punch me in the face.

Holy shit...she did not just do that...

I got out of the car and punched her.

I punched her two more times for good measure.

She fell with a thud on the floor wriggling in pain. It has been a long time since I punched something and it seems as if my skills never wore off.

I sat on her and started raining punches on her face. I think I had landed about six punches on her face before I felt myself being pulled up.