five

older - Isabel LaRosa
press to listen

"Yeah, okay. I'll be quick."

–––––––––

first person pov •°. *

I sighed quietly, before stepping into one of the aisles, looking at all the books. some have missing areas where people have borrowed books from.

which one is it. . ?

I thought to myself before looking around, finally finding the book up high on the shelf ". .god. . why does this book need to be so high up. ." I spoke out loud, in a quiet manner.

footsteps could be heard approaching by my side, I glanced to take a look at who it was; Kenny. "mm. . do you want attention that badly or something. . ?" he chuckled quietly, in return, I rolled my eyes.

". .whatever, ," I grumbled, but before I could say anything else he had spoken up again. "you know your in my way, right?" he smiled teasingly.

"you know if you were to get this book for me I would've left already." I spoke back, he was tall enough to grab the book on his own anyway, "mmm. ." he hummed.

he reached over and grabbed the book off the shelf, the exact one I was talking about. ". .than-" Before I could even finish my sentence he walked away, not giving me the book.

what the hell. . ?

I looked around, seeing if anyone had seen the interaction, .

The group of girls at the table were talking together, not paying attention to their surroundings: in which they most likely didn't see it.

––

the bell had rung a few minutes before, and the girls continued talking about the book, but it ended short as the librarian kicked us out.

I rushed out of there, going to my science class as quickly as I could.

"Y/n. , you're a bit late," the teacher spoke, almost in a scolding manner. I nodded in return ". . . Sorry, I won't be late again." I apologised.

I prepared out my stationary things, such as a book, a laptop and a small pencil case as the teacher had started explaining what to do.

"Oh. , I forgot to mention, in this project, you are not allowed to choose your partners, ." She had spoken up, catching everyone's attention including mine.

"your project partner will be the person sitting next to you." everyone groaned before looking at who they were sitting next to.

I didn't say anything as I glanced over, seeing none other than Kenny himself.

". . . Kenny. ." I spoke quietly before looking to see if there was anyone beside him.

nope. . just me. .

he turned to look at me with a slight smile as he nodded. ". . mhhmm. . ?" He hummed, still looking at me as he rested his head on his arms.

it appeared he was going to say something, so I didn't say anything; in which terms I was correct.

". . Can't reach another book princess? Need help again?" he smiled smugly, almost teasingly.

I look away, , shaking my head as I grumble something quietly.

". we need to do the project together," I announce to him in a sort of whisper, making him sigh in return before leaning back in his chair, almost man-spreading.

The two of us continue to listen to the teacher for instructions on what to do.

––

once we had finished with our worksheet planning, we had to start our experiment. "don't mix the wrong chemical, okay?" Kenny smiled slyly as I rolled my eyes, taking a hold of our tray filled with different chemical jars.

I passed it to Kenny as he set it down at our counter, "Wait. . I need a hair tie." I spoke suddenly, remembering about the safety rules of experimenting with this.

Kenny nods as I return to my bag, scavenging for one after a few seconds.

I look back at Kenny, seeing that he's setting up the jars, I carefully walk back to the counter, standing next to him as I push back my hair, leaving out the necessary and allowed pieces of it at the front.

". . here, let me help you." He spoke, holding my hand tightly as I let loose of my hair, and he tied it up loosely.

I scowl at him, "So not funny Kenneth!" I spoke in a loud whisper to him as he only chuckled with a wide grin, and smirk-like face.

I immediately redo my hair.

god. . . He's so annoying. .

he continues to set up our station on the counter as the teacher announces for all of us to be safe and careful with the equipment and others.

––

after we finished and our teacher checked out our work, we got to do whatever we wanted as long we didn't go outside of the classroom or disturb everyone else.

he started to clean up our space as I put the jars and other things away back into the tray. - afterwards, I pulled out my phone to message a few of my friends, mostly Wendy since she was allowed.

I continued to message her before scrolling on TikTok, the sound on the most minimum possible so it wouldn't disturb anyone else from their projects.

I notice Kenny walking over to me, his phone also in hand as he has a sly smile before it disappears, noticing I'd seen it.

oh no. . I just know he's gonna ask me something like-

". . Could a girl like you kindly give your phone number to a guy such as incredible as me? - for school purposes. . ." He spoke, pointing at me during the first section of his little talk before pointing to him the rest.

the thought I had before he just spoke completely vanished, but I sighed in return.

seriously . ? Does he think I'm stupid or what?

I roll my eyes ". . Whatever, fine." I mumble softly, getting off TikTok and going onto contacts, sharing my number with him.

"Thanks, cutie," is all I heard him say before he walked away, I sighed quietly before getting onto TikTok once more

––

the bell rings as everybody starts to rush out of class in a hurry, most likely headed to the cafeteria since they're throwing something special there.

When I stepped foot in, I glanced at my surroundings, seeing how many people were actually in there as it was mostly jam-packed.

I sigh quietly, walking past Kenny's table, overhearing them talk about Warcraft or something other,

I couldn't help but notice that Kenny was looking in my direction as I passed by his table, .

- I didn't give it much thought as I sat next to Wendy, talking to the other girls as I made myself fit in once more as if it was elementary again.

. . Maybe it was like elementary. ?