eight

agora hills - doja cat
available on Apple Music, Spotify and more.

"Nothing, it's just. .
Stan."

–––––––––

first person pov •°. *

Stan? . what did he do?

I was taken aback by what she had said, they seemed perfect, just yesterday she was talking about their upcoming date to me.

"what happened with Stan?"

I asked softly, a concerned tone could be heard coming from my mouth as I speak.

"well, he seems like, . . . he just seems distant to me again, like how he was in elementary school.

I've tried to make it work, multiple times especially during the. but I don't know."

I frowned immediately as I hear the pain in her voice, rubbing the back of my neck with my hands, which made me realise how cold the air conditioning is.

I continued to listen in on what she had to say.

"I just feel like, our connection is gone or something. . As if he's seeing another girl,"

. . .

I stood still, trying to comprehend what she just had said as I nodded slowly, trying to get a grip on what to say.

it's fine, there's surely something she could do.

"I mean, you could try to talk to him about it, and how you feel." I speak up after what felt like forever, "are you sure, ? — the last time I did that he didn't even listen to me" she spoke, seeming a bit reluctant by my idea.

I smile softly "trust me, I'm sure he'll listen this time." She smiled lightly nodding after I spoke,

". . okay, thanks, i'll try to do that, . . should i do it now?"

I nod, telling her she can if she wanted to: which decidedly causes her to excuse herself and head over to where I just was a few moments ago.

I glance around, not sure who to talk to now since. . im the one alone now. . .

there was people pushing and shoving due to some other circumstances and people just wanting to start up drama before going back to school.

before I knew it, I heard a thud come from the kitchen, making me turn my head back over to look,

I tried my best to see as much as possible without going over there physically, before finally just heading over there to see what happened.

. . . what the fuck?

the moment I look down, I see Stan on the floor, cupping his cheek which seemed to have a a burn mark of a hand, as if he got slapped.

Wendy doesn't even look his way while Kyle in all just seems disappointed, Kenny insulting him, which just made me more curious, .

––

a few minutes go by before Wendy finally tells me what happened,

Stan was looking at other girls but he wasn't actually seeing other girls he was just eyeing them,

I was one of them.

once I heard Wendy tell me this, I immediately frowned and apologised.

"I'm sorry Wendy, I didn't mean to, I didn't even do anything," I spoke, hoping she could hear me due to the small argument the boys were having,