5

It was in the afternoon and me and the Pevensies were eating lunch. Edmund was stuffing his face with toast. Goodness. I took a knife from my boot and chopped a branch of a tree. Peter says something I couldn't really hear.

"We're going home?" Susan says and they all turn to Peter and so do I.

"You are." he says. Susan gives him a look. "I promised Mum I'd keep you three safe, But that doesn't mean I can't stay behind and help."

"But they need us." Lucy said looking disappointed. "All four of us."

"Lucy it's too dangerous. You almost drowned, Edmund almost got killed!" Peter said raising his voice.

"Which is why we have to stay." Ed says looking up. "I've seen what the White Witch can do and Denali had lived through it. We can't leave these people behind to suffer.

"He's right. She has plans that are way out of our hands, also a whole lot of troops. Even though they're all sloppy in everything they do including fighting there's just way to much." i add in. "But I will help train you." i smile.

Susan stands up and grabs her bow and arrows. "Let's go!" she beams.

~
Lucy and Susan were at the targets and Ed, Peter, and I were horseback sword fighting. I had one sword in each hand and fighting both of them at the same time. "Never loose focus, and its more about defense than offense because if you tire them out by just blocking then they'll be tired throwing swings they won't be able to hold defense" I say and leave them to it.

I jump off my horse and help Susan and Lucy. "Nice Lucy!" i say giving her a high five for throwing her dagger at the bullseye. "I'm kinda terrified of you now." I say laughing. "So Susan, you're doing very well. Aim a little down." She aims and shoots and hits bullseye as well. I smile satisfied.

"I shot the bullseye!!" she says jumping up and down with Lucy and she was giggling. "Thank you so much!"

"It was your own doing, i just told you what to do." i say laughing.

Then a Beaver shows up. "The Witch has demanded a meeting with Aslan. She's on her way here."

Edmund looks to me worried, mouthing 'it's gonna be okay'. I jump back on Ebony and put Lucy in front of me. Peter putting Susan in front of him.

We gallop back to camp in time the dwarf was yelling "Jadis! The Queen of Narnia!" I hide behind Edmund and Peter. Ed puts his arm around me. Aslan was standing tall and proud in the middle of camp while everyone was making room for her throne and some guards.

As she was set down she peers at me and Edmund and gives us a mad look. Edmund grabs my hand and squeezed it hard. "You have a traitor in your midst, Aslan. Also a princess that doesn't know what she's doing." Looking at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"His offense was not against you."

"Have you forgotten the laws at which Narnia was built?"

"Don't sight the deep magic with me, Witch! I was there when it was written" Aslan growls.

Mother smirks. "Then you'll remember well that every traitor belongs to me. His blood is my property."

"Try and take him then." Peter says unsheathing his sword. I ready a bow behind him.

"Do you really think mere force will refuse me from my right? Little King? As well as my Daughter. SHE BELONGS TO ME."

"Quiet yourself, Witch! She does as she pleases." Aslan Roars.

I tune out. But then she points at Ed. "That boy will die on the stone table."

"Mother! HE CANNOT!"

"YET HE SHALL! As is Tradition." Mother yells back at me.

"You dare not refuse me!" She says looking back at Aslan.

"Enough. I shall talk with you alone." then they walk into tent.

I turn Edmund around. "I can't and won't let her do it. She'll have to kill me on the stone table instead." He gives me and hug.

"Well I'm not letting her kill you either. I'd rather have her kill me than you." He says and kisses my forehead.

"Get a room." Peter says rolling his eyes. I giggle and on purpose i kiss him on the lips. He kisses me back and our lips move in sync.

"Ew"
"Aw"
Hooting and hollering all that stuff. I laugh in his mouth. We seperate and everyone, literally EVERYONE was looking at us. The little dwarf comes up to me and tugs on my dress.

"You're mother will loathe you for this."

"She already does." I say waving him off.

~
Edmund's POV

We've been waiting for a really long time now. Denali fell asleep with her head in my lap. She looks so peaceful and perfect. She sleeps with her mouth open, drooling a little everytime she exhales. I was pulling on the grass when Peter turns around and notices that the Witch finally came out of the tent. I shake Ali up and she slowly opens her eyes and smiles up at me. I help her sit up so I can stand up. I helped her up and held her hand, yet keeping her behind me as she wakes up completely.

As she was walking down the stone steps she never took her eyes off me. I was terrified and worried.

"She has run out the claim on the Son of Adam's Blood." Aslan says.

Everyone surrounded me ripping my grip away from Denali. I smile and laugh and my siblings hug me. but I never saw Denali after the good news.