6

Denali's POV

"Mother, Please be reasonable, Edmund couldn't possibly fall for the bait. He knows that I can handle things." I spat at my mother. She tied me to a column in her throne room.

She emotionlessly stares at me. I start crying. "At least let me fight in the war." I say whispering but looking down.

"NO!" she stands up from her throne and kneels by me. She grabs my chin and pulls my hair up. "I do not need you to get in my way. I have taught you to exceed most the men in my army." she pauses.

I get it now. She knows that if I betray her I can kill a lot of men. I smirk. "But Mother please. I won't betray you. I will kill any man or creature that gets in our way to victory." I evilly smile.

She lets go of my hair and throws me down to the steps. "If you betray me, I WILL KILL YOU!" she says walking away.

"Where are you going?" i ask. Quietly cutting the rope off my hands and feet with a pocket knife that's always in my bra.

"To do what has to be done." she says smirking. What is she up to? When she leaves the door. I climb up the column with the ropes knowing that there would be guards outside the room.

I studied the ceiling and then I remembered that I had powers to bend the elements. I wrap my legs around the column so I won't slide down and touch the ceiling completely melting the ice causing it to have a little hole that I can fit right through.

I make it through and freeze it back up but having the slightest difference so I can make it right back after I spy on mother.

I run to the stables and run for Ebony. "Follow them, but keep a good distance." I say pointing to mother's army.

We were following to the left of them just enough so we could see them but they can't see us. We make it to Aslan's Camp? Are we ambushing? No. We can't. We wouldn't, that's cheating. Mother may be dangerous but she's fair.

Luckily we surpassed it and they were heading for a stone table? Oh Goodness I'm so confused. Wait Mom said something about 'Tradition' and 'Sacrifice' EDMUND! NO!

I tie Ebony on a tree and then i jump off to hide behind bushes. As I was heading to the spot I wanted to hide in there were two figures already there.

"Lucy? Susan?" I say scream-whispering. They both jump. Susan holds her heart and inhales and exhales deeply. I laugh. "Sorry"

"Don't EVER do that again!" she laughs and Lucy giggles. "What's going on?" Susan asks turning to me.

"I honestly don't know either." I shrug.

I turn to the gathering as I see Aslan walk up stairs. Then I see mother in a brown fur dress. She holds a knife in front of her. "Behold, the Great Lion." she says mockingly. Everyone cheers.

I look in disgust, tears forming in my eyes. Lucy gasps as a Minotaur knocks Aslan over. I shush her and put her on my lap. "You're okay, You're okay."

"Bind Him!" my mother orders. "Wait, Let him first be shaved." the same dwarf laughs and cuts his mane of with his knife. They all cheer.

"This is wrong." I whisper.

"Bring him to me."

They immediately start dragging Aslan to the Stone Table right in front of Mother. Their cheers getting louder and louder unil Mother silences them by holding her arm out. Everything was dead silent. Then they all start hitting their staffs to the ground all in sync.

"Ya' know Aslan, I'm a little bit disappointed in you. Did you honestly think you could save the human traitor? My princess has betrayed you and me as well but after all of this she chose evil over good. You are giving me your life for no one." she lets out the smallest laugh.

Susan, Lucy and I look at each other. No. She wouldn't.

"Tonight, the deep magic will be appeased! But tomorrow," she smiles. "We will take Narnia, FOREVER!!" everyone cheers even louder. "With that knowledge, dispare" she raises the dagger above her head. No! Mother don't do it!

We look at Aslan and he sees us and has a sorrowful look on his face. Lucy turns around and puts her face into my chest. "AND DIE!" my mother carries on and brings down the dagger into Aslan's heart.

Aslan grunts and so does Lucy almost at the exact same time. I look at Aslan with hope and his eyes role back and his body goes limp. Susan Lucy and I look at each other and gasp. We all lean in and have a hug. Lucy holding her grip onto me tighter, also as of Susan and i tighten my grip on them.

"THE GREAT CAT, IS DEAD!" mother carries on once again as well. The more the army screams and shouts. Her pupils growing bigger and darker once she yells that out and spreading her arms out. Yet sighing in relief and closing her eyes in satisfaction.

"I have to go. Don't worry, I WILL fight on your side and kill my mother if I have to. Even though I don't EVER want to call her mother again." i say wiping tears away from Lucy's eyes and putting a piece of hair behind her ear.

Susan hugs me. "Please be careful."

"I will, but you guys should be the ones being careful. Give Edmund a kiss of luck for me." I say wiping a tear and waving them goodbye.

I ride back to the castle before they could even start heading this way. I put Ebony back in the stables and start climbing the side of the castle and find my way back in.

I slide down the column, tie myself back up the same way that dwarf did (haha still don't know his name) and fall asleep. Let's get ready for this battle.