10

Denali's pov

I wake up in this marble room. I was in a completely white room. "Where am I? What is going on?" i say shuffling in my bed. I feel all around me but not a single knife not even in my bra. I feel so vulnerable, what is happening. Then I try to sit up, that was useless, my stomach had a shooting pain. I lift up the silk fabric of my dress and look at my stomach. It looked nasty. It was purple and red and there were stitches tying it together. I'm guessing it took a bit for that big hole to stop bleeding. Then I hear shuffling in my room. "Who's there?" i ask afraid.

"It's just me, Annalise. Remember me? The faun that was in the infirmary at camp?" she said smiling coming out of the corner.

"Oh yes, I remember. How long have I been out?" i ask her. "And where are is ny armor and weapons?

"Oh, just 2 days. You're belongings are with the Pevensies I believe. The coronations are today." she says giving me medicine to calm the pain in my stomach.

"What coronations? Oh wait, I know for the kings and queens. Duh, I knew that." i say to myself. She laughs.

"King Edmund would not leave you be. He would sometimes even sneak out in the middle of the night to come see you, and to watch you sleep, and that's what made him sleep." she says while walking into a closet inside the room.

"Oh please, he doesn't fancy me. He's probably just worried." Like seriously, a King would never fall for a treacherous assassin. Then the faun walks out with something covered by some sort of blanket. "What's that?"

"Just your dress, of course, your majesty." I wasn't really up for dressing up. She unties the cloth covering the dress. I gasp in unison along with Annalise.

"I don't think I can pull that off." getting off the bed and going to sit on the chest-like seat on the other side of the bed.

"Oh C'mon Princess, you will be the first to be noticed and a lot of people will want to dance." i groan.

"But I don't want to dance." i pause. "Unless you come with me and you have to party and such as well, okay?"

"Alright Princess, anything for you to get out there." she says laughing.

~

I've taken a bath, and now I'm sitting in a robe while Anna does my hair. We have grown close since I woke up this morning. I told her not to leave because I wanted it to be a surprise when I walk in. Everything was already in my room anyway. There was a Vanity, a closet filled with gowns and shoes, I haven't really been hungry and Anna ate a big breakfast so she wasn't hungry as well.

She was also wrapped in a robe while she was doing my hair. "Can you like, please keep it simple? I just don't want anyone getting attracted to 3ft tall hair or like a crazy big bun that could be used as an umbrella." she laughs for about the millionth time today, making me smile.

"Just hold still." for about 10 minutes of 'hold this' and 'grab that for me' my hair was finally done. It looked good in the front. She dried my hair after my bath so that she could curl it, and some pieces of curly hair hanging from my face. I grab a mirror and look at my reflection through my reflection. I see my hair and I cover my mouth.

"Oh my goodness, Annalise it's beautiful." she used a lot of pins to make a bun and then she tucked some flowers above it completing the look. "Now its my turn."

Her hair was very long and came all the way down to her butt. So i start braiding taking me longer than ever before. I make two dutch braids meeting into a 3 strand fishtail. I pancake the dutch braids a little making it add volume to her straight silky hair. The I add little daises into her blonde-brunette hair. Then she looks at it.

"Oh my, Princess. Thank you soooo much! It's beautiful." i smile at her. Then it fades.

"Anna, I don't think I should be called Princess anymore. My mother was never the rightful Queen of Narnia, making me a not rightful Princess." I say shrugging.

"Well, I think you deserve to be titled Princess. The Witch may have been a person of wrong doing, but you came back to our side. I thi-"

"I've killed hundreds of thousands of innocent Narnians like you. I don't think I even deserve to be looking at what I have now. I deserve to be in a dungeon."

"Now, stop it. It's almost sundown. The Coronation starts in a little bit." she rushes to our dresses.

"Have you ever heard of being fashionably late?" i ask smirking.

"I like being on time, and they may really want to see you." she says reasoning to me.

"Haha, trust me, you'll like being fashionably late. It's actually really fun, people are looking at you as they fall for you."

She laughs. "Step on the pedestal, lets get this dress on you." I step on the pedestal. She hands me the dress and turns away as I take my robe off. I slide the dress on, then I call for Anna back so she can tighten the back. She tightens it SO tight that I almost stopped breathing, but I could feel my cut open up a little.

I finally look at myself in the mirror. WOAH, is that me? I laugh to myself. i look at the dress. It was an off the shoulder neck line that was lined with little white frills. The sleeves went down to almost touching my elbow and the dress was colored pale blue, like almost everything I owned. It had silver celtic designs on it with a medium sized petticoat making the dress poof out a little. Luckily, I could still run in it.

I turn around to see Annalise in a beautiful pink dress that had sweetheart neck-line and had lace sleeves, also a skirt that flowed down to her hooves with no petticoat. She looked splendid.

I grab some flats, didn't care what it looked like cuz no one would see. I take a deep breath. "I can't do this." i sigh.

"You'll be fine, princess. Trust me, King Edmund will like it very much." she smirks.