Chapter 13

"I was thinking Bpuu's old suite. The one he was in the last several years he was alive." 

Vegas's grip tightens on the arm of the chair as he tries to not snap at Tankhun. They had been doing well. And now, he wants him to stay in their dead grandfather's suite. Vegas hated visiting him, even when Bpuu's Alzheimer's got bad enough to where he was no longer a threat. He was still an asshole.

Tankhun must catch onto him feeling some sort of way, because he lets out a sigh, "None of us liked him. I know that's why you are making that face. But it doesn't look like it used to. The decor is routinely updated in all of the larger, unoccupied suites. It still has two bedrooms, so Macau can have a space of his own but still be in your care, while you and Pete can have the master bedroom for privacy. And there are still…supports in the master bedroom, living room, and bathroom to help you-"

"I don't need them!" Vegas snaps. And it's true. He doesn't. While he will never heal to a point where he will walk without significant assistance again, he still has some movement and feeling in his upper legs. He can maneuver himself better than his rehabilitation team expected him to. He can take a few steps with Pete's help, along with a walker. 

Not that he will be caught dead using a walker. The thought is incredibly embarrassing to him. When his physical therapist talked about that being the ultimate goal, he fucking cried and couldn't stop until Pete and Macau asked to end the session early. Although, that had been earlier on while he was still in the hospital. The drugs and hypoxic brain injury were getting him more emotional about everything. Pete had support bars installed and made the house more accessible. But Vegas only uses them when he absolutely needs to or feels like he has been relying too much on Pete. And that's something he doesn't want, to be a burden to Pete. 

"It's not obvious or in your face, Vegas," Tankhun says gently, "There are just things in place in case you need them. I am mainly giving it to you since it is a two-bedroom setting. I texted Pete and while he will probably reach out to you to make sure you are okay with this-" 

"I think we all know I'm not," Vegas mutters, but tries to straighten his face when the boys and Namphueng catch up to them. Regardless of them catching up, Macau must have been listening anyway since he gives Vegas a stern look. 

"There are creepy kidnappers after me, Hia," Macau says sternly, "And I have friends here! Chay and Namphueng are really fun!" 

Kim lets out a growl, "I'm fun too! Porsche said!" 

"Kim is really good at coming up with pool games," Chay says, obviously the neutral party in this newfound competition between Kim and Macau, "We should swim later! So we can play Mermen!"

Macau's eyes brighten with excitement as he jumps in front of Vegas's chair, "Can I, Hia? Please please please please-"

"We'll see," Vegas cuts in, then wheels himself inside as Macau whispers, "That usually means yes!" 

Vegas will give Tankhun credit. Their grandfather's suite does look a lot different than it had when the evil bastard had been living here. Or when he was dying here. That's mainly what Vegas remembers, coming here with his cousins to watch their grandfather waste away. Kim probably barely remembers that time of their lives - or just isn't bothered by it - since he runs in and hops on the couch. He knows for a fact that Macau doesn't remember it at all, since he does the same.