Chapter 31

Pete knows it is going to be a hard and emotional day when he gets the text from Tankhun.

Tankhun: Got a call from the infirmary. Macau is Yok’s son. How do you want to proceed with Vegas? 

Pete closes his eyes and tries to chill out before answering. 

Pete: Why didn't they just call him?

Tankhun: Because that is a terrifying prospect to them. If anything, he should be flattered that he still invokes that much fear. I don't mind being the one to sit down and talk with him, but I think you should be there too. Once he can accept it, I figured you all could decide whether to talk with Macau first or Yok first. 

Pete: I don't know if he will even want to tell them the truth. This has been hard for him to process. 

Tankhun: It's not his DNA to keep secret, Pete. I understand why Auntie Milan didn't say anything. Uncle Gun would not have taken that well, and Yok’s life would have been at risk. But Vegas is better than his father, and he loves Macau more than anyone else in the world. He should want him to have supportive people in his life. Macau could do so much worse than Yok. Yok is such a caring woman. I think this will be good news for you all in the scheme of things. 

Pete glances over at his boyfriend in the kitchen. He's currently cooking for them and listening to Macau talk about all the dates he plans to take Aree on. They’ve been having a good day. 

Pete: Okay. But Fern should be here while we tell Vegas. He will need support. Maybe Namphueng can watch Macau while we break the news. He can stay there and play with the others while Vegas processes. If he gets to a point where he can talk to Yok soon, I think he should do that. He hasn't really talked to her at all. Hopefully, he can be reassured by her after getting to know her, and maybe they can both express what they feel comfortable with in regards to Macau’s care and her involvement. As for telling Macau, I think we should keep that conversation group small. Yok should probably sit out of that one so Macau can express himself freely. But I do think Aree should be there for him.

Tankhun: ❤️ That sounds like a good plan. Do you want me there for Vegas since I got the news? I can go grab paper copies of the results if you do, or give you access if you don't. 

Pete has to war with that decision too. 

Pete: Go ahead and come. But he may take it out on you. 

Tankhun: Luckily, I have never been scared of him 😜

Pete: That makes one of us! 🙃

Tankhun: What is he doing to you? Tell me right now, Pete. 

Pete rolls his eyes, then looks back towards the kitchen again, just in time to catch Macau climb into Vegas’s lap to watch him cut up vegetables. Macau looks up at Vegas and grins, a grin that he returns before kissing the little boy’s head and getting back to work. 

Pete: He's making me happy. That's what he's doing. 

Tankhun: 🤢 

Pete ignores the immature emoji and chooses to watch Vegas and Macau while things are still calm. 

-----

It's not everyday that Tankhun breaks the news of a DNA discrepancy in his family. What tone should he take? Should he bring emergency tissues? He's not sure even how to dress for such an event! 

“I seriously doubt Vegas is going to be focused on your clothes,” Arm tells him as Tankhun holds outfits in front of him, “In fact, it might be the last thing on his mind.”