Chapter 22

When Kinn wakes up, he braces himself for his body to be smaller. He knows it's coming. Part of him just wants it to happen already so that he can stop dreading it. The other part wants at least one more day in the body he has now. 

When Kinn feels around, it becomes clear he is still an adult. 

"Did you just check to see if you were an adult by touching your dick?" 

Kinn breathes out at Porsche's words, then gives him a look, "I touched other places too."

Porsche smirks, then positions himself over Kinn, "Can I touch you too? Ma kept Chay and Aree. We're alone. We might not…"

Porsche trails off and doesn't finish his sentence, but he doesn't have to. Kinn gets what he means.

They might not get another chance to do this for a while. Or ever. It makes Kinn feel sick, but not sick enough to say no. So he pulls Porsche in for a kiss and flips him onto his back.

-

----

When Kim wakes up, he sees Mama lying beside him on the couch. They stayed up late and watched a movie, but Mama got really tired and fell asleep halfway through. Kim decided to stay with her, rather than go stay with Khun and Arm. Apparently, they aren't hiding things anymore. Kim isn't sure if that means Arm is moving into Khun's suite or something else. Part of him doesn't like it, because that means sharing Khun. But then he remembers Arm makes Khun happy, like Chay makes him happy. That helps put things in perspective. He also doesn't need Khun as frequently as he did now that he has Mama, because Mama will take care of him. 

"Mama," Kim whispers, shaking her shoulder gently, "Wake up. I wanna play!"

Mama whines, then puts the blanket over her head, "No!"

…Okay. Maybe she will take care of him when she's an adult. But they can still have fun together.

"Mama," Kim says again, then gets up and jumps up and down until Mama lowers the blanket and glares at him. It gets him to stop. He messed up. Big time. What if Mama hates him now and never wants to talk to him again? 

But Mama must know how scared Kim is by the thought because her expression softens and she rubs her eyes, "I'm sorry. I'm not mad. I just had nightmares. I kept waking up, so I'm tired." 

Kim plops down and stares at her with big eyes, "Nightmares about what? Why didn't you wake me up?" 

Mama lets out a sigh, "Because I'm your mother, honey. I need to protect-" 

"I protect too," Kim tells her seriously. Mama smiles a little at that, then takes his hand to squeeze it before giving him some information. 

"I saw your father last night-”

“Ew!” Kim says because it’s true, “Why did you do that?”