Chapter 25

“I’m meeting with Yok, Tay, and Time today.”

Arm turns to look at his boyfriend then props himself up on the pillow, “Kinn agreed to tell them?”

Tankhun shrugs, “Sort of. It was more like me convincing him. With the Zhou meeting coming up, I need to focus more on business matters until I know they accept the proposed adjustments and us taking time to pause some of our deals. I have a feeling Huan won’t love it. But with the amount of dirt we have dug up on that man…I don’t think he will be an associate much longer.”

Yeah. Tankhun hadn’t taken kindly to Huan’s side dealings in Thailand's sex tourism trade. While he knows Tankhun doesn’t enjoy killing, he still has a moral compass that will almost ironically lead him to the act if he deems it necessary. 

“I wonder if Pa knew,” Tankhun murmurs, “Kinn didn’t. He was always strangely ethical back when he was ordering rentboys. He went with a company that always hired above 21, paid well, and allowed the employees to be independent contractors who were never stuck in their position if they wanted to leave. He got upset when I asked him if he knew anything about how Huan brought some of the money in yesterday. I’m thinking of talking with the madame of that company. It’s still a questionable business, but not one that is ever dying out. So maybe we can offer her compensation to make sure the workers under Huan are safe, compensated, happy, and free to leave should they choose to. As for any underage ones, we’ll offer them safe positions at the compound while they get caught up in academics.”

This is why he loves Tankhun. He has a huge heart. He had assumed he would just disassociate with the Zhou family members involved in the trade. But instead, he’s reshaping it to benefit those who may be forced to work by the family. However, it is still a risk to confront Huan about it and tell him that they won’t be accepting his involvement any longer. 

“I hope your ideas play out exactly like you want them to,” Arm tells him, “If they don’t, we’ll handle it.”

Tankhun lets out a sigh, “They better! Who can say no to me when I possess such a charming personality?”

Arm smiles and brings Tankhun in for a kiss, “Not a clue. I know I can’t.”

They get ready, have breakfast with Kinn and Dao, and then go their separate ways. Although, he and Tankhun have a slight disagreement over whether Tankhun needs guards with him.

“You are the head of the family and there is a woman turning everyone into toddlers,” Arm tells him sternly, “You need a guard.”

“But I got my driver’s license a few months ago!” Tankhun whines, “I can drive myself!” 

“I don’t care if you drive,” Arm says, “But you need backup. It doesn’t matter if you are just meeting them at Hum Bar. Just play it safe.”

Tankhun scoffs and gives Arm a look, “So much for not being able to say no to me and my charming personality!” 

“Khun, he’s right,” Dao says, “Listen to him. He’s the head guard and he’s really smart. That’s why he’s my favorite, and I like Porsche and Chay very much.”