Chapter 23

Kim was afraid this would happen. Not Kinn turning into a toddler. That was inevitable once the band was put on him. While getting turned into a toddler isn't ideal, it is far from the worst thing in the world. Despite some of Kim's concerns about his career, he has been having fun and a lot of good has come out of this situation. He came back to life, got a lot closer to his family and Chay, and made new friends. Plus, Pa is now stripped of his power and Mama is back!

"It's not that serious," Kim says over Kinn's sobs. Ma gives him a sharp look, causing him to shrink into the couch.

"Go get one of the outfits from the dresser," she says, leading Kinn over to the couch, "He's probably closer to Chay's or Macau's size. You were smaller than your brothers were at the same age."

Kim hits the couch, "I was not!"

"It's nothing to be ashamed of, honey," Mama says with a sigh, "Vegas was tiny too, although so was Milan. He may look more like Gun, but Milan's side of the family is smaller than this side. You probably ended up tiny because you were premature-"

"I'm not tiny!" Kim says loudly.

Kinn lifts his head and glares at him through the tears, "I'm taller! Stand up right now if you are so sure that I'm not!"

Kim feels no need to prove it. When Kinn tries to stand next to him, he runs into Khun's bedroom before he can be measured.

Tankhun wakes up to his bedroom door opening and closing and his light turning on. When he sits up, he sees Kim running to the dresser and digging through the clothes.

"What are you looking for, Kim?" Tankhun asks as Arm stirs next to him. When Arm sits up too, Tankhun is extremely glad they both put clothes on before falling asleep last night.

Kim looks up from his task, seeming slightly annoyed, "An outfit for Kinn. He came into the suite crying like a baby since he's a toddler now. It's NOT that serious."

Tankhun blinks at the words and tries to process them and what they mean. He thought he was prepared, but he wasn't. This means...

Shit. It means he's the heir again. No. Not the heir. He is the head of the family, at least until they get this all sorted out.

He wants to throw up. But he can't throw up. Heads of the family don't throw up. No, that's stupid. Of course they do such things, they aren't invincible. But he doesn't want to do something so gross in front of Arm.

He needs to pull it together. Quickly. So he straightens his shoulders and gets to his feet.

"Move aside. My fashion taste is impeccable. I have been waiting for the day I could dress Kinn," Tankhun says as he plops down beside Kim to dig through the drawer before looking behind his shoulder, "Arm, we'll take him shopping this evening. Out to dinner too. It might make him feel better."

"Alright," Arm says, getting out of bed too, "I can put in orders for more toys and car seats too."

"Get extra, we never know who can turn next," Tankhun says, even though the amount of toddler clothes and supplies they are accumulating is ridiculous, "We can just donate everything once we fix this-"

"Not Ping!" Kim shouts, quickly picking up the cat to clutch to his chest.

"I would never donate Ping," Tankhun says calmly, "And anything else you and the others want to keep is fine. Don't worry about that, okay? We need to focus on Kinn right now. He's probably very stressed and upset-"

"It's NOT that serious."

"Kim," Tankhun says pointedly, giving his baby brother a look, "It is to him. I think he is processing this as a failure on his part. Like he's been defeated. He did this to Pa to defeat him, so why wouldn't he feel that way once he's a toddler too? With you, it was something that brought you back to life. Some part of you probably feels grateful this happened. You're getting the care and attention you have been needing, you are connecting with Chay, and you got Ma back. It's a good - or at least neutral - thing in your mind. Kinn has a different perspective and we need to support him. Be. Nice."