𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎: 𝑀𝒾𝒹𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓂𝓈

A snowy December approached quickly and had nearly passed Rosalie by. She spent majority of her time studying for hours on end and working on her homework assignments. She would review in between classes, during all her meals, and late into the night before bed. Rose only gave herself a break to watch a quidditch match on Saturdays, and she never spent time with her friends outside the library.

It was Sunday evening after supper. Rosalie curled up on the couch by the fireplace in the Room of Requirement after a long day of Christmas shopping in Hogsmeade. She tried to use her final hours of peace and quiet to study for her midterms that started tomorrow. Although she didn't spend much time there these days, she felt that the Room was the best place to study tonight. It was quiet, cozy, and free of distractions and people. That was until her ultimate distraction walked right in the door.

Rosalie peeked over the back of the couch when she heard the door open. Sebastian strolled in like he was invited, carrying his textbooks and rolled parchment with a grin on his face.

"Figured I'd find you here," he smiled widely as he made his way across the room to her, his footsteps echoed off the stone floor.

"And how'd you know that?" she asked, slightly annoyed.

Rosalie wasn't mad at the fact that Sebastian came looking for her, but more so the fact that she came to the Room to actually study. Anytime they were together, she could never fully focus on her work. And tonight, she really needed to avoid him at all costs. As much as she wanted him to leave her be, a part of her wanted him to stay more. So, she kept her mouth shut and tried to bite her tongue.

Sebastian raised an eyebrow at her condescending tone but chose to ignore it.

"Well, because you weren't in the library like you've usually been," he said as he sat down on the opposite end of the couch.

"Keeping tabs on me now, Sallow?" Rose asked cockily.

Sebastian started blushing, "No, I, uh, just-" he stammered.

"I'm just teasing!" Rose giggled as she playfully tapped his arm with her foot.

"Right," Sebastian sighed with relief. "Anyway, would it be alright if I joined you? I did come all this way after all."

He smiled at her with that same mischievous and charming smile he always had when they were together.

"You may, as long as we actually study," Rose stressed.

Sebastian teasingly threw his hands up, "I can't make any promises!"

Rosalie gave him a frightening glare.

"Merlin, okay," he said as he mimicked her sitting position.

Rosalie grinned as she returned to her Charms textbook; and when she quickly glanced at Sebastian from over her book, he was also smiling.

The silence between them was always comforting. And although it had been nearly a month since they've properly spent time together, it felt like nothing had changed. She received her closure; she had accepted her loss. She would always love him, but maybe they were better off this way. Either way, she was happy he was still in her life and the situation felt right.

The pair studied until nearly midnight. Rosalie actually focused on her work and felt confident for tomorrow's classes. The two of them snuck away from the Room to return to their dormitories. Sebastian offered to walked Rosalie back to the vinegar barrels that opened to her common room. He gave her a quick, friendly hug goodnight before he departed to his own common room. Surprisingly after everything; Nellie, the fight, not speaking, and then the apology; Sebastian was still affectionate as he'd always been with Rose, even if it was only platonically now.