𝒮𝒾𝓍𝓉𝓎-𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒: 𝒢𝓇𝒶𝒹𝓊𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃

Header is by my lovely & talented friend, CTaylor33!

Please play after the second page break!

Taylor Swift - The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived

***
Please play when Rosalie starts her speech!

Taylor Swift - Long Live (Taylor's Version)

~ * * ˏˋˎˊ * * ~

Rosalie walked the hallowed corridors. The moonlight was dissipating, but the glimmering light of orange and blue hues guided her to the one place she hadn't had the courage to face in so long.

The Map Chamber.

It had been over two years since Rosalie last laid her eyes on the celestial room. She tried to pretend most parts of Fifth-Year didn't happen, the events that occurred underneath the castle being one of them.

Rosalie walked down the dimly lit spiral staircase until she was face-to-face with the navy-blue door with silver wisps and linings. The door handle being an exact replica of the wisps of the Ancient Magic she saw. Her hand shook as she reached for the silver knob, feeling the powerful magic in her fingertips as she touched its surface. She took a deep breath and pulled the door open, quickly becoming engulfed in grief.

The Map Chamber looked untouched. It was the exact same way as she had once found it. Untouched, polished, perfect. It was like nothing ever happened. Nothing horrible, nothing dreadful. No bloodshed, no anger, no tears.

Rose slid her hand across the balcony banister as she took a deep breath and looked at the empty portraits that once held the Keepers. Who knows how long they've hung lifeless. Did they disappear once she saved everyone? Or was it when they realized she wasn't coming back? She walked down the staircase until she reached the ground floor. The floor beneath her footsteps dazzled with stars and swirls with each step she took. When she reached the center of the room, the floor transitioned into a map of the Highlands.

"Could it be?" Professor Percival Rackham gasped from his portrait.

Rosalie was startled by his sudden appearance. "Hello," she answered awkwardly and shakily.

"The student!" Professor Charles Rookwood now exclaimed as he appeared.

"She's returned?" Headmistress Niamh Fitzgerald questioned as she entered her frame; her Scottish accent lay heavy in her voice.

"I was beginning to doubt her," Professor San Bakar snarked, making himself known.

"What brings you here, child?" Professor Rackham asked curiously.

Rosalie dropped her head from disappointment, "I'm afraid I've failed you."

"Oh, my!" Professor Bakar barked. "What travesty did you cause?"

"Calm down, San!" Headmistress Fitzgerald scolded. "Whatever do you mean?" she addressed Rosalie softly.

"I'm afraid I will not be returning to Hogwarts next year... as a Keeper nor as a Professor. I've been accepted and will be sworn in as an Auror soon."