𝒮𝒾𝓍𝓉𝓎: 𝒬𝓊𝒾𝒹𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒞𝓊𝓅 𝐼𝐼

Please play after the fifth page break!

Lorde - Ribs

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

It's as if Rosalie watched her life through an hourglass. Each grain of sand represented the days that passed by too quickly. And Rosalie seemed trapped inside, suffocating in the sand as it engulfed her. She watched everyone enjoying their life as she felt trapped in the future that buried her. She continued looking for acceptance, but it didn't seem like it'd ever come.

And each time the sand finally ran out, it felt as if someone flipped the hourglass upside down again.

A never ending cycle of ticking time and impeding disasters.

If it wasn't finding a cure for Anne, it was watching Solomon die. If it wasn't Ranrock attacking the school to find the repository, it was failing Fig as Rose laid by his lifeless body. If it wasn't denying falling in love with Sebastian, it was watching him love someone else. If it wasn't accepting she still had feelings for him, it was her choosing to be with Amos.

And now...

Rosalie had finally found, what felt like, her true calling of becoming a professor. She could thank the Ministry for betraying her.

Her entire life has been nothing but the tick, tick, tick of love bombs and explosive misfortunes.

And she could only watch, trapped inside the hourglass...

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

Rosalie walked into the buzzing Great Hall dressed in her best Hufflepuff attire. Last year, she had snuck into the Slytherin dormitories, with the help of Grace, to support Slytherin. But this year, her house finally had the chance for redemption.

And she didn't want Heather to be upset with her again.

Rosalie made her way over to the Slytherin dining table, only hearing part of a conversation between Heather and Sebastian. It seemed more like an argument between the two.

"You better prepare yourself, Sallow," Heather hissed. "I hear that Black has a fresh batch of boil cream!"

"Oh, piss off, Baney. It'll be you stealing it. I beg Merlin that Black gives you detention for the rest of the year!"

"Even if Hufflepuff loses, which we won't," she yelled, "I would never get caught. But I can't count how many times you've gotten caught! Amateur."

Rosalie was enjoying their bickering as she drank her morning tea. It was entertaining watching Sebastian meet his match. They were the same person with the same egotistical personality, that's why they fought all the time.

Sebastian flashed Rosalie a cheeky smile as she sat. She could read it perfectly: 'Good morning.' He gave her a quick wink and a devilish expression appeared before returning to his conversation with Heather.

Sebastian still made Rose's heart flutter without trying to. One look could melt her. And it always does these days. She was thankful that they were able to move on from the heartbreak, but it still came with attached feelings she wanted to push deep inside. At least she still had him in her life, that's all she wanted.

"Baney, you're not giving me credit for the times I've gotten away with it. The Restricted Section, closets," Sebastian hummed before glancing at Rosalie quickly.