𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇: 𝒲𝑒𝓁𝒸𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝐻𝑜𝓂𝑒

Author's Note:
Header by @forourspidey on Pinterest!

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

Rosalie and Sebastian gave Ominis and Grace a hug goodbye then hopped off the train. Sebastian graciously carried Rose's trunk alongside his own.

"I don't see Anne," she called out, scanning the crowded train platform.

"Hmm, she must be working at the bakery. Come on, let's get our trunks home and then we can go visit her," he smiled.

The pair walked the winding path from the train platform to the Sallow home. Their home. The cottage was lively as ever with ivy growing up the stoned walls, and the small garden growing beautiful flowers, fruits, and vegetables.

"Wow! Seems Anne has been busy," Rosalie commented.

"Probably bored without us around," he chuckled. "But it does look lovely."

As they approached the cottage closer, they noticed that the kitchen window was slightly open and music from the phonograph was playing. Sebastian quickly opened the door to find no one other than Anne who stood over the stove in the kitchen. She clutched her chest tightly from the door bursting over and quickly turned around to see Sebastian and Rose standing in the doorway relieved.

"Anne," he exhaled, making his way into the kitchen and engulfing his sister.

"You scared me!" she laughed.

Sebastian and Anne had an indistinct conversation as Rosalie looked her over.

Pale, grayish skin. Dark eyes. Skinny. Frail.

She looks far different than she did six months ago. Did the treatments stop working? Is she dying? Has Sebastian noticed the physical changes that she's went through?

Rosalie watched Anne breathe a bit harder, and everytime she moved, she would slightly flinch.

"Anne," Rose whispered.

Her and Sebastian continued talking.

"Anne!" Rose said louder, now grabbing the twin's attention. "Did your treatments stop working?"

She didn't want to ask harshly, but her mind was spinning about questions and possible answers, solutions.

Sebastian took a step back to fully see why Rose was asking that question.

He couldn't form words. He stuttered. His lips began trembling. Tears started to form in his eyes.

"Please do not look at me like that," Anne said somberly. "I don't need pity. I just want to be treated the same as before."

"But you were better before, what happened?!" Sebastian yelled angrily as he started pacing through the kitchen.

Rosalie's eyes swelled with tears, ultimately escaping and running down her cheeks. She took a few steps closer to the kitchen.

"Anne, please talk to us," she begged.

"It's nothing serious-"

"Nothing serious, she says!" Sebastian abruptly interrupted and scoffed.

"It is nothing serious! They haven't stopped working, they've just slowed down," she replied unconvincingly.

Sebastian stopped his pacing and instead, faced his twin sister. The girl he sees himself in since they were born; the other half oh himself. He wouldn't know what to do with himself if she withered away.