𝒮𝒾𝓍𝓉𝓎-𝒯𝓌𝑜: 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒽-𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝐹𝒾𝓃𝒶𝓁𝓈

Header by @Maybe_Line on Pinterest!

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

Rosalie stood in the mirror in her dormitory to adjust her moonstone necklace around her neck on Monday morning.

Today was the first day of final examinations.

It was finally here. All of the hard work and effort she's put into learning over the course of her three years here will finally come to light. Today was just the beginning of the rest of her life.

Although, she could fail all of her examinations, but the Ministry would still accept her into their program. They would allow anything to control her and her Ancient Magic.

With a deep sigh and a heavy weight on her shoulders, Rosalie left her dormitory to make her way to the Great Hall.

All of her friends were gathered around the Slytherin table jesting around. It was normal and routinely, as if this wouldn't be their last week together. Rose tried to push those thoughts out of her mind because it made her upset; however, since the Ministry is now involved, she couldn't help but countdown their remaining time.

"Good morning!" Rose called out as she approached the lot.

"Good morning, Rosie!" Sebastian replied. "How are you feeling this morning?"

"Quite nervous, but I'll manage."

"I'm sure you have nothing to worry about," Sebastian said, comfortingly, with a soft smile. "Now, eat something. You're going to need your strength!"

"You don't need to fret," she giggled as she began drinking her morning tea.

Sebastian had removed himself from the conversation coming from the larger half of the group to speak solely to Rosalie. She turned pink at the sight of him scooting over on the bench so he could sit directly across from her. Even the smallest bit of directness swelled her heart. He crossed his arms on the table and leaned forward. It felt as if it was just the two of them.

"Rosie, I know how you feel around examination time. Of course I'm going to fret."

"And I believe you worry too much about me, Sallow," she laughed. "Everything will be alright... eventually. The only thing I'm truly worried about is our students. Hecat isn't letting us inside the classroom again."

"Well, you also don't need to worry about them. They had the best teacher after all," he smirked.

"Yes, you!"

"You don't give yourself enough credit."

"Enough credit about what exactly?" another voice called out.

Sebastian narrowed his eyes at Amos as he sat down next to Rosalie at the dining table. Sebastian was still suspicious of Amos since the letter. He noticed how Amos was very visibly happy while Rosalie was on the verge of tears. How could you be happy for your significant other while they're about to fall apart? Sebastian wanted to talk to Rosalie about it, but he also didn't want to upset her more. She was still with him for a reason, but the reason was unclear.

Rosalie became extremely retreated to their conversation, becoming silent and looking everywhere except at the boy beside her and the man across the table. Amos always became entirely too upset when she mentioned her dream of becoming a professor; that's why she tried to avoid it as best as possible.

All Sebastian wanted to do was save her, even when she didn't need saving.

"Rosie, it's nearly time for class. Do you want to leave now?" he suggested.