𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒: 𝒢𝑜𝑜𝒹𝒷𝓎𝑒, 𝐹𝑜𝓇 𝒩𝑜𝓌

Author's Note:
Header by @itsvillatrix!

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

Rosalie laid under the oak tree by the Black Lake. The late June day was beautiful, sunny, and warm with a light breeze coming from the water. She came to her spot by the lake to read her favorite book, The Picture of Dorian Gray, while she waited on Sebastian. Today was their last day at Hogwarts before returning home for the summer. Tomorrow, she is set to return to Cragcroft where she will be spending her days with Sebastian and Anne. Her new home.

Rosalie tossed her book down onto the blanket and raised up to look over the horizon. How could it possibly be this time of year again? Just a year ago, she sat in this very spot and felt nostalgic about her first year at Hogwarts. Now, she sits there and reminisces about her second year. She had the realization that she's aging. She had the realization that she only has one year left. Just one year. One year to make as many memories as she possibly can with the people she loves before life gets in the way.

As she analyzed her year, she kept coming back to a specific memory. It happened just last week, when everything went down between Sebastian and Nellie. Sebastian seemed to be doing okay, at least from Rosalie's perspective. They had been spending more time together, more than what they already had. They would make time for each other in between classes and they sat together during all their meals. Sometimes at the Slytherin table and others at the Hufflepuff table.

Sebastian hasn't opened up to Rosalie entirely about what was said during the argument, and Rosalie continued acting like she didn't know anything about it. She didn't want to pry or pressure him to talk about it; the words spoken were hurtful for all three of them. But at the same time, Rose knew where Nellie's hurt was coming from. Maybe, somehow, Nellie knew deep down all this time, just like Lacy and Heather. Everyone else could so plainly see it, and now Rosalie could, too. She didn't want to push a relationship onto him at the moment either. She wanted to give him time to heal and move on; it was his first serious relationship after all. It lasted for ten months. Nellie even thought they were going to wed after Hogwarts. Rose couldn't help but feel sympathy for her even though Nellie treated her very poorly. But Rosalie herself knew how hard it was to watch the person you love, love someone else.

Rose watched over the Black Lake, but out of the corner of her eye, she saw Sebastian walking swiftly along the coast. He wore an apologetic grin as he approached her.

"Sorry I'm late, Rosie."

"You're fine, Seb. I was just reading."

"You look like you're doing a lot of reading," he chuckled as he sat closely beside her.

She laughed and smiled, "Well, I was reading, but I got a bit distracted."

"I understand, the castle is always mesmerizing," Sebastian said charmingly while looking into Rosalie's eyes.

Her heart skipped too many beats. She felt her cheeks become hot and red. The butterflies tickled her stomach. Was he actually speaking about the castle or was she over analyzing it? Either way, his words sent chills down her spine.

Rosalie chortled.

"Uh, yes it is," she said while breaking eye contact. "I'm going to miss it when we leave."

"It's crazy to think we just have one year left."

"I know... I'm actually quite jealous of you," she stated as she turned to face him again.

"Jealous? Of what?" he quizzed with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, you've gotten six years here. Six magnificent years! And I've only been here for two. I wish my magic would've shown up sooner. I would've had a happier childhood. I would've been a happier person," she explained somberly.