𝐹𝒾𝒻𝓉𝓎-𝒯𝓌𝑜: 𝐼𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌 𝑜𝒻 𝟣𝟪𝟫𝟥

Header by my lovely friend, CTaylor33!

***
Content Warning: Alcohol Consumption.

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

The holiday break finally ended, and classes were back in full swing.

Sebastian noticed how guarded Rosalie had been since the holiday, especially after that night on the beach. While she was guarded and distant, she was still kind to him. At least he didn't mess up their relationship again. He was afraid he overstepped and portrayed his feelings too strongly. He tried his best to hold them in, but when the girl he loved so dearly came into his home during the holiday break, he wanted to do nothing but confess. He wanted countless Christmases together. He wanted endless years together. Rosalie was all he could ever think about, both day and night, but alas, all he could do was keep his distance while rebuilding the relationship he ruined.

When they boarded the train and she immediately embraced Amos into her arms, a piece of Sebastian's soul broke. All he could do was walk away and try to find Ominis and Grace sitting in a train cart. He knew Amos was who Rosalie's heart belonged to, but it still hurt seeing it unfold in front of his eyes. Sebastian barely spoke the rest of the train ride to Hogwarts. He never expected her to feel the same about him, not since he's broken her heart too many times. She was with Amos, and she seemed somewhat happy with him. Amos didn't fit the criteria of someone Rosalie would be interested in, but love works in mysterious ways. And as long as Rose as happy, that's all Sebastian cared about. Even if he wasn't the one she loved. He would never try to come between her and her happiness again. He also couldn't fight for her anymore; not now that he's seen her happy with someone else. Besides, after graduation, they'll both be going their separate ways. It wouldn't be fair fighting for her love only to leave it in the end. His plans and future make it impossible to keep Rosalie close to him.

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

It was Tuesday evening; Rosalie and Sebastian had been studying together and planning lessons for their Mentorship. It was only their second day of classes and it already felt like the workload was too overwhelming. Of course, it was the second half of their Seventh-Year, so it was expected considering this is the final stretch. Nearly five months are standing between the students and graduation.

"Hey, Sebastian," Rosalie spoke and broke the silence between them.

He lifted his head from his book with a curious brow raised.

"I believe I'm going to head down for supper. Thank you again, by the way, for the apple earlier."

A small, soft smile formed on Sebastian's lips as he watched her begin to pack up her belongings.

"It's no problem at all," he replied.

Rosalie finished packing her books and parchment papers into her black leather bag Sebastian had gifted her.

"Also, there was something I wanted to tell you," she started slowly. "Tomorrow, I'm hosting another New Year's party. And I wanted to invite you. It'll begin after supper."

"Okay! Yes, I'll be there. Is it here in the Room?"

Rosalie shook her head 'yes'.

"Wonderful. I'll be there, well, here," he chuckled nervously.

"Alright... great," she whispered with a faint smile before making her way out of the Room.

A party was exactly what Sebastian needed. A little mischief never hurt anyone, and it definitely always lifted his spirits.