𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝒪𝓃𝑒: 𝒞𝒽𝓇𝒾𝓈𝓉𝓂𝒶𝓈 𝐼𝓃 𝒞𝓇𝒶𝑔𝒸𝓇𝑜𝒻𝓉

Author's Note:
Header by @lovely_dark_and_amour on Pinterest!

~ * * ˏˋ ˎˊ * * ~

It was early Sunday morning. Rosalie was gathering the last bit of her belongings before she departed Hogwarts for the winter holiday. She made sure to pack the Book of Spells. Maybe her and Sebastian could practice projecting their Patronus over the break.

Rose locked her trunk and sat it next to her four-poster bed for the house elves. Before she left her dormitory, she grabbed five medium-sized boxes wrapped in a shiny, gold paper that was topped with black ribbon. She balanced them in her arms and made her way to the Great Hall to have one last breakfast with her friends. It seemed dramatic, and although she wouldn't be alone, Rosalie was sad to leave her friends for a week. They've spent the past four months together, so it seemed weird to not wake up with them in the bed next to her. But she was also upset about leaving Hogwarts for a week. The castle was her comfort and her home.

"Good morning! Happy early Christmas!" Rosalie greeted as she handed Lacy and Heather a box.

"Happy early Christmas to you, too!" Lacy said as she gave Rose a small box wrapped in black paper in return.

"Happy early Christmas," Heather smiled. "I didn't have time to pick yours up from Hogsmeade this week, but I swear I bought you something," she laughed with embarrassment.

"Oh, Heather, it's fine! You two didn't have to buy me anything at all. I just love giving," Rose smiled.

She sat down next to Lacy.

"Well, let's open them all at once!"

The girls ripped off the paper and opened each of their boxes. Lacy received a beautiful lilac corset with embroidered gold flowers. Heather received a light green and scarlet vertical stripes scarf with the Caerphilly Catapults quidditch team emblem embroidered on the scarf ends. Rosalie received a literal golden rose hairpin with encrusted diamond petals.

"Oh my! This is beautiful, I don't have words," Rose stumbled.

"You're welcome," Lacy smiled. "And thank you for mine! I can't wait to wear it."

"Oh, you're waiting? Not me!" Heather smiled as she threw her new scarf around her neck. "It's lovely, Rose. Thank you."

"You're both welcome. I'm glad you love them. Lace, can you help me put this pin in?"

"Of course."

Rosalie turned her back to Lacy as she pulled half of her hair away from her face. Lacy gave it a twirl and pinned it in place.

"Thank you, Lace," she said as she faced them again. "Has anyone seen Poppy?"

"Where do you think she is?" Heather scoffed.

Rosalie understood Heather's frustration, but sometimes she wished she hid it more. Rose was also hurt that Poppy was nearly a stranger now, but she can't be upset that she's happy and in love. Lacy refused to speak about it, and never brought up Poppy in a conversation. She was their friend, but all she ever worried about was Garreth and Adelaide.

"Is Adelaide with them, too?"

Heather chuckled, "Of course! You never see the four of them without each other," she said bitterly.

"Right... well, I'm going to give them their present. I'll be back shortly."

Rosalie stood up from the table and grabbed the two gifts dedicated to Poppy and Adelaide, and she walked over to the Gryffindor dining table.