╔SIX╗

"How can I convince you that I have truly changed and left my past actions behind?" Taehyung let out a deep breath, closing his eyes before glancing at Jungkook.

"You simply can't," Jungkook replied, feeling a shiver run through him as Taehyung approached and stood face to face with him. Uncomfortable with their proximity, Jungkook looked away and took a step back, avoiding eye contact.

Jungkook let out a small sound of surprise and gasped as Taehyung lifted him up in a bridal style and brought him closer to the desk. Overwhelmed, Jungkook struggled to process what was happening as Taehyung sat down on a chair with Jungkook on his lap.

"Let me go, damn it." Jungkook snapped, feeling Taehyung's hands firmly holding onto his waist, preventing him from moving.

"Taehyung, what are you doing?" Jungkook asked, his voice filled with alarm. He nervously bit his inner cheek as Taehyung released his waist and instead intertwined their fingers together.

"Did you not wear the ring as I asked?" Taehyung inquired, momentarily making Jungkook believe that Taehyung was confirming it.

Jungkook swallowed nervously, turning his head to face Taehyung, who displayed no visible emotions. "I-I forgot," Jungkook muttered, fidgeting with his fingers as Taehyung rested his chin on Jungkook's shoulder and held his waist firmly.

"Weren't you working?" Jungkook managed to coax his voice out, sounding slightly hoarse and broken. Taehyung hummed against his shoulder. "You are more important than work," Taehyung whispered, planting a kiss on Jungkook's neck.

"Taehyung, I hope you understand that I no longer love you and there is no reason to continue with all of this..." Jungkook whispered back, tilting his head and cupping Taehyung's face in his hands. "You should move on, just like I did. Even if you become a better person, we simply aren't meant to be." Jungkook continued to whisper, gazing into Taehyung's eyes.

"I don't want to strive to be a better man- I simply aspire to be someone who is at your level," Taehyung stated gently. He then lifted Jungkook by his thighs and carefully positioned him over the desk.

"I'm doing all of this because I love you and care about you. And now you're saying it's all pointless?" Taehyung said, his hands gripping both sides of Jungkook. "I love you and only you, sweetheart. I can't imagine being with anyone else," Taehyung's voice held a hint of anger and disappointment in response to Jungkook's words.

Jungkook's voice trembled as he responded- "This isn't love, Taehyung. It's an unhealthy obsession." He placed his hands on the table and leaned back as Taehyung moved closer to his neck. "And you need to understand that I can never love you the way I did before. You took away my parents and my happiness..." tears streamed down Jungkook's face.

"Ky was in the same situation as me. He supported me and was there for me throughout it all. He helped me. And yet, you chose to be in a relationship with him. We're both in the same position, but you chose him over me," Taehyung said through gritted teeth, pulling Jungkook into a tight embrace.

"I would have understood if you had entered into a relationship with a doctor or an architect, or something similar. However, you can't expect me to give up on you when you're dating someone who embodies what I used to be," Taehyung said, tightening the hug.

Jungkook sobbed uncontrollably, burying his face in Taehyung's shoulders. "He didn't kill people like you did!" Jungkook snapped, his voice filled with anger and disbelief. Taehyung let out a deep chuckle in response.

"Well, he didn't have to kill because I did that job for him. He just provided me with the information on who needed to be eliminated," Taehyung clarified, causing Jungkook to freeze in fear.

Jungkook's mind was in turmoil. Taehyung was right. Ky may not have been as bad as Taehyung, but he was still involved in these dark activities. It made Jungkook question his own hypocrisy for being in a relationship with Ky and not forgiving Taehyung.

Ky had helped and supported Taehyung through all the terrible things they had been involved in.

"I don't expect you to love me like you used to, but please, my love, just give me a chance to show you that I have changed," Taehyung begged desperately, his voice filled with desperation.

Jungkook paused, contemplating how he should respond. He couldn't help but wonder if he should give Taehyung a chance to prove that he had truly changed and that they could have a healthy relationship. Regardless, Jungkook knew that he had no choice but to spend the rest of the month with Taehyung, whether he changed or not.

"Fine," Jungkook muttered, and Taehyung responded by planting a kiss on his forehead, accompanied by a smile.

"I love you, doll."